• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

something I discovered...

mossdog

Smash Apprentice
when a character who's using alot of short hop attacks on mario such rob, marth, bowser, ike, ect...

mario's fludd can stop those attacks just close enough to pull off a fsmash.

dunno if you've noticed but my friend started doing it against me. peace.

mossdog

Smash Apprentice
don't have a video to post...

but I had been using my forward air on mario alot, then I had to stop because the fludd would freeze my fair & set me up to be fsmashed

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
just about everything that can be done with fludd has already been discovered, here is a post from Half Split soul detailing most of the Fludd Techniques and possible official names.

see 3 and 10

Same here. Curse you Nintendo...

I actually thought that it would be flashy to kill someone by using the ACE for edgeguard, but I didn't realise that it would be even flashier to combine it with F.L.U.D.D. Great idea XLR! I don't really care whether it's possible or not, I'm going to use it anyway. Just wait till EU release of Brawl...

Edit: Wow, this threat is 5 pages already! Although I didn't start this, I thank everyone who has particiated to this, and according the posts it has been useful at least to some people. To celeprate this I'm going to list things invented/discusted in this thread so far.

1: Skeeting = shooting with F.L.U.D.D.

2: Superman combo = combination of F.L.U.D.D. and cape used in edgeguard, resulting to enemy's fall

3: Midair protection= skeeting enemy who's attacking with midair attack so that he lands in front of you, allowing you to counterattack

4: Projectile protection = using cape against fast-moving projectiles and F.L.U.D.D. against slower ones

5: Trajectory changing = skeeting moving enemy to change his trajectory to penefit you (against spacies' side-b etc.)

6: Recovery = using F.L.U.D.D. in air to move you towards the stage

7: Water spacing = skeeting enemies/allies further from you or closer to each other to gain benefit

8: Air-charging cancel = using midair dodge to cancel loading of F.L.U.D.D. while in midair

9: Charge delay = leaving F.L.U.D.D. slightly uncharged for mindgames or later load>shoot situation

10: Airtime increasing = shooting airborne enemy to keep him in the air longer (to give you time to attack him)

11: Hangman´s destroyer = positioning yourself so that you can counter rising opponents´ roll with smash, jump with aerial and every other way of rising with F.L.U.D.D.

12: Finisher = skeeting enemy out of bounds

13: Combo finisher = skeeting enemy after a succesful combo to allow you to start new one or to send your enemy a bit further

*Most of the names were invented by me just for this post, they're not official or anything, I just wanted to name them for easier listing.

I think that there´s everything that´s been talked.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
yeah thanks for that last post, I'm getting pretty tired of thread rehashes.....

Top Bottom