• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Someone please give me a meta.XML file

CGod

Smash Cadet
I have problems trying to dump sm4sh. It won't give me the meta/meta.xml so I can't open sm4shexplorer to use texture mods. Its tearing my family apart

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I also understand that you need dt00 and dt01 as well. I don't see any kind of guide that mentions how to extract contents from a Wii U ISO.

NoChill

Smash Rookie
NNID
NoCh1ll
Yeah I'm having a similar issue, whenever I try to dump the files, it stops around 800000 kb on the dt00 file and just wont continue dumping. I just want custom skins

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It probably would be nice if a tool was made that can dump a Wii U ISO in .wud format. You could then have UWizard extract the .wud file's contents for you.

However, decompressed Wii U ISOs use as much as 23,866 MB (approx. 23.31 GB), so there would have to be a way to compress the .wud file so that it uses less memory.

I do know that a USB Loader application that I used for my Wii can install Wii ISOs onto a storage device, and compress them into the .wbfs file format. And if the compressed ISO exceeds 4 GB, it would be split into two files; this happens to the Brawl ISO, which uses as much as 6.92 GB when it's compressed.

NoChill

Smash Rookie
NNID
NoCh1ll
It probably would be nice if a tool was made that can dump a Wii U ISO in .wud format. You could then have UWizard extract the .wud file's contents for you.

However, decompressed Wii U ISOs use as much as 23,866 MB (approx. 23.31 GB), so there would have to be a way to compress the .wud file so that it uses less memory.

I do know that a USB Loader application that I used for my Wii can install Wii ISOs onto a storage device, and compress them into the .wbfs file format. And if the compressed ISO exceeds 4 GB, it would be split into two files; this happens to the Brawl ISO, which uses as much as 6.92 GB when it's compressed.
Sounds much less painful

Lum

Smash Rookie
NNID
xxrockstonesxx
Yeah I'm having a similar issue, whenever I try to dump the files, it stops around 800000 kb on the dt00 file and just wont continue dumping. I just want custom skins
I'm having a similar problem, I have left the dump on now through 1 day and night and it has not budged at all, it reads the following:

Your local ip is: <My IP Address>
Title Dumper by Dimok
Waiting for WiiU connection... (press Ctrl+C to stop)
Client 0 connected
Create path: ./dump/vol/content
File with same size exists, skipping: ./dump/vol/content/dt00 (3989330 kb)
Open file: ./dump/vol/content/dt01
Read file 1277760 kb loaded with 697.849 kb/s

I wanna do this so bad.

Top Bottom