• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some theorycrafting I did

eideeiit

Smash Ace
A few weeks ago a Lucario asked for MU advice against Zelda on r/ssbpm. I answered by doing some theorycrafting about getting in against one, despite not really knowing all that much about either character. What I'm asking of you is pretty much critique on my theorycraft.

"I'm not really well versed in this MU, but here are some things that in my opinion could be of great help, or at least worth trying:

As far as I know Din's only has a single hitbox when traveling, another one when stopping, one when on standby, one when exploding, one when returning and one extra for every "pulse" the Zelda does when it's returning. (Edit: apparently it has no hitbox when traveling, so scratch those parts.) What you want to take advantage of are the (travelling,) standby and returning hitboxes. A hitbox can only ever hit one character once. Therefore, if one of these hitboxes hits you, the Din's cannot touch you until it has progressed to it's next phase. This is why you want to either shield to wavedash towards or CC to dash towards through the (traveling or) standby hitboxes or, even better, clank them, so that you get between the Zelda and the Din's. BUT DON'T JUST RUSH IN RIGHT AFTER!! Nayru's love is a very good get-off-me, but it has a lot of endlag. You want to chill outside Zelda's threat zone baiting for a hasty Nayru's to punish and possibly even pressure with aura spheres, because what can Zelda really do to combat that? Her speed is **** so you can react if she comes rushing at you. She can't really escape above either because she is so slow. She has no projectile because her Din's is away and calling it back will give you a chance to get in. Remember to be on the look out for spaced fairs and bairs. Teleports may be a problem, but only if she uses them for escaping. If she uses them as an attack you can CC to ridiculous %. If she waits for the Din's to come back I guess you'll just have to rush in unpredictably before it reaches you. I guess you could also try getting behind her with down b, so that the Din's doesn't really threaten you anymore. And of course, you being a Lucario, everything will in the end come down to how good your punishes are. Anyway, this strategy is pretty much theory crafting and is probably very difficult to pull off. Do try though.

Also I think getting the Zelda airborne into upair cancelled into up-b cancelled into upair may be a very early kill combo in low stages."

Top Bottom