• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

some smashers just dont learn

xCUREx

Smash Rookie
ive got one friend named bias (fox) who at the beginning of the match runs to the edge, waits for you to approach him, sidesteps, grabs, throws you off the edge and tries to shine spike you and fails miserably and if he fails he retries like a huge dumb***

one other (cyber, mojo) (doc)i know also sidesteps every friggin frame he gets and grabs and as you guessed, also fails horribly (cuz hes bad at the game) he also tries to cape every one at the edge, even bowser ( dumb, eh!)
list some stupid crap that youve seen some smashers do.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Here's something that works quite often, but I don't understand why so many people fall for it. One guy charges up a smash. The other guy jumps in and tries to attack, but they get hit by the smash. >_<

Some stupid stuff that I do...

Try to down B spike with Ganon. I do it in friendlies and I know it's dumb, but it's so fun lol. I usually end up getting edgehogged or shinespiked afterwards.

Somehow I lose count of my jumps while playing as Jigglypuff, falling to an embarrassing death as I try to pound my way back up. :laugh:

Attempting to hit people with Link and Young Link's dair...while off the stage -_-

Smash Master
I always jump out to save Nana, go just far enough to miss "collecting" her with the squall and just too far to get back to the stage.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Good point
they could be just practicing
and in that case
they are learning more than you :)

the dumbist thing ive ever seen anyone do is kill themselve
hahaha
happends all the time

pdk

Smash Lord
so space aerials, they'll figure out they can't grab you at the range you're hitting them from, voila

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I always fall into smash attacks, no matter how I time it, I might just give up on that.

Squeek727

Smash Cadet
The dumbest thing i think i have seen any of my friends do is using Jigglypuff's B move to try and shoot me off the screen. He doesnt know that you can turn around in it either -.-"

Banks

Smash Hero
some people never learn to not suck, because they do the same sucky things over and over again forever. sort of like your friend.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Mojo/Cyber claims that he practices alot but yet, he has not improved. He always does neutral a in the air with Doc and then I shield grab him and then wobble him.

He always tries to shffl but then he can't do it so then i make him pay for missing his down+a in the air (doc's fist).

You would think that he would learn after losing 200+ times to me. =/

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Here's something that works quite often, but I don't understand why so many people fall for it. One guy charges up a smash. The other guy jumps in and tries to attack, but they get hit by the smash. >_<

Somehow I lose count of my jumps while playing as Jigglypuff, falling to an embarrassing death as I try to pound my way back up. :laugh:

Both of those apply to me. I can't count how many times I mis-judged when the charged smash would be executed, only to get a Falco's foot to my Jigglypuff face... often times it's pound lag that kills >.>

And not just losing track of Jiggly's jumps, I lose track of the other characters' second jumps, because I'm used to playing Jiggly and *not* counting my jumps :D

Oh... and I must add to this list... rolling. (Tar and myself have made KSSB so much better at calling rolls because of this fact)

Giggidax

Smash Ace
one stupid thing that me and my friends do is walk into charged smashes. lol its funny i think all of us have jumped into someones charged smash once in our life.
another dumb thing that friends do is using G&w's empty bucket while im near them.

Banks

Smash Hero
sheiks chain isnt worth crap, shouldnt be used except for edgeguarding when you wanna be funny and dont feel like edgeguarding for real.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I know a guy that plays shiek and transforms into Zelda to get back to the stage. I told it's a horrible idea but he never learns, not only does he lose height but he get's killed and has to waste time transforming again.

Banks

Smash Hero
sometimes thats worth it if u think u can sweetspot and/or get a kick in, but usually its not

Banks

Smash Hero
rofl ok then yea thats pretty **** stupid. i think sheik players should at least get sort of decent with zelda so if they have to transform to safe themselves on last stock or something they arent sitting ducks if they get back

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Come to think of it, his Zelda is worse than most newb players' mains. I guess I'll wait till he catches onto his mistakes. Until then... free stocks for me!

Banks

Smash Hero
loll he should just take the death and try to come back, otherwise he gives up his invincibility and then puts himself at risk with a transformation.....not logical, perhaps you shouold explain that to him, unless you want to keep pwning his arse lol

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Tell him to pick another character, or learn how to kick.. :p

I know some people who just haven't gotten better at all. They were playing longer than me, and it took only 2 weeks for me, just picking up the game, to learn how to play just enough to beat them. And they still haven't improved from that point at all, but i have a lot..

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Yeah, they have no will to improve. That, and they complain a lot about how hard wavedashing is. Seriously, if I can do it, anyone can.. >_>

LOL I have more posts now :p Though you'll probably spam again to bring it back up over mine.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
And the war has begun haha.. but for real my friend tries to double jump his spike with flaco every single time... and i dodge it every single time... SHORTHOP IT KEET

GaimeGuy

Smash Rookie

Some stupid stuff that I do...

Try to down B spike with Ganon. I do it in friendlies and I know it's dumb, but it's so fun lol. I usually end up getting edgehogged or shinespiked afterwards.

Attempting to hit people with Link and Young Link's dair...while off the stage -_-

I can confirm that 56K does this all the time; We play together all the time (we live in the same dorm)...

We tend to switch it up quite a bit... lately he's gone back to using Falco, while I've started using Luigi... it's very fun!

I take credit for helping him improve his speed and control, since I played fox for a period of about a month.

We're both trying to learn jigglypuff right now, but aren't faring so well.

How's it going, 56K? :D

DemonicShadows

Smash Apprentice
I had a friend who attempted to use Dancing Blade recovery while suffering Falco's lasers.

Also, a Jiggs rolled into my Marth's counter on the edge of the stage.

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
...sex kick - double jump sex kick....with fox...off the edge
...wall jump sex kick...off the edge...with fox

what else

Top Bottom