• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some SideB Tricks

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Lol at the double- down-B stuff. I have no idea how that would be useful right now, but its a good trick to know. Thanks.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I'm not sure what can we pull out of this , but It is a good-to-know. Maybe on the next weeks we'll see something awesome with this.

PS: You can do the double down B where you want , it is not necessary to do above the hydratant, it works everywhere, the power pellet does strange paths. I don't understand how it really works, I think that you have to buffer sideb before a double downB

Last edited:

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
I think the only truly useful one is the loop to launch it behind. The rest are a bit too predictable to see coming. Though the momentum from the platform launches is no joke on speed.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Has anyone else ever slammed into the ground with their side-b to bait an attack? I sometimes use this instead of or alongside a down-b from above. I don't think most people expect you to use a "mistake" as an attack. That getup attack is quicker and has less lag than the down-smash IIRC.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
A few interesting mixups in there, but more importantly watching Pac helplessly nibble towards the smashville platform only to launch forward just looks really funny to me x)

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
OMG I just tested the last one. I did a reverse side b ( while grounded without initiating a uturn)!!!

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
LOL sorry for the bad wording. What I meant to say was that I directed side b to the right then instantly moved to the left.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
LOL sorry for the bad wording. What I meant to say was that I directed side b to the right then instantly moved to the left.
Yeah! It works pretty well.... It seems that that attack does more damage, is it possible?

The dot points are really weird when you do this tech....

doyouknowbobby

Smash Rookie
NNID
doyouknowbobby
3DS FC
2337-4532-3605
very cool. I'm having difficulty with the first one, from 0:00 to 0:28.
What i end up doing is essentially the move taking place from 0:32 to 0:37, or I just continue through the hydrant without the u-turn.

I fee like I am following the dot pattern exactly, but im turning either too soon, or not at all. Is there some input I'm missing? Even at 1/4 speed in Training.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
The most important part is the power pellet final position. Inputs are: Left+B, left-down , down, right , (left --> not necessary but easier because the power pollet doesn't advance anymore and you can put the power pellet on the right position)

Top Bottom