• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some quick questions

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I'm a bit confused, let's say I can do infinite multi-shines no problem. Does that mean if I happen to be in the right spot when my opponent shields I have a gauranteed shield break? I don't know what they could do. Wouldn't a roll, jump, or grab just get shined?

Also, is it just me or does Link counter Falco? Link's u-air > Falco's d-air. Link's shield > Falco's SHL, Link's projectiles **** Falco's recovery even worse, and is it just me or is Link really akward to combo? I can't seem to do the shine -> d-air -> u-tilt/shine on a Link. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm a so-so Falco player and there's a good Link player that I just can't seem to beat.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
actually falco can combo link quite well because of links high friction, the ppillar combos should work and mixed with utilt you can combo link for a while

the laser are dope against link because link has a longer jump animation and lasers slow him down alot .

That said , link can edge guard falco rather easily so dont get knocked off and know /learn how to ledge tech

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
yeah hes pretty high friction. his jump isnt that slow that i would call it dope against him.

link edgeguards pretty well and hes hard to edgeguard. but this is the same with almost every match up against falco. falco just ***** as long as hes not off the edge.

i dont play that many good links, but if hes beating you its probably because he has experience. that said, i think link is pretty underrated. good links are awesome.

Little Greg

Smash Apprentice
for wat point lolz...that makes no sense, u cant shine shine shine any character, max is three and thts only on FEW chars at FEW % lmao

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Basically, you shine, then JC, and before you leave the ground, shine again. Then your "jump counter" resets, so supposedly is infinite. If I'm wrong, forget it.

mathos

Smash Champion
Multishining to shield break never works on any character.

Link's Upair will outprioritize Falco's dair but why are you trying to compete with that. Make Link come to you. The Hylian shield is crap against the SHL. One of the great points of the SHL is that it immobilizes the opponent, whether they use their real shield or not.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Yeah but the link guy I play against is an *******. Everytime I do win he just says it's 'cause Falco is cheap... Anyway, if I just sit back lasering then he just sits back and either does nothing or tries to powershield it which he can do every now and then. Either way, he just sits back and does nothing until I make a move which leads to his u-air > my d-air and such. If I do try other approaches (dash attack, shuffle'd n-air's, etc) then he just sidestep-dodge's them and then attacks me.

The biggest problem is that he has more experience fighting people. He's used to using the sidestep dodge whereas my computer-stomping abilites aren't. :(

Top Bottom