• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some problems with my d3

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Tonight I was playing against my friend, and I recently picked up d3. I thought I had the fine points of his game hashed out, but I got curb stomped. I noticed that he could spot dodge my chain grab, but I got that worked out eventually to where he could not. But my recovery was always getting punished. I would try to sweet spot the ledge, and a couple of times I fell and died because of falling out of the up b. My spacing game was rubbish, and I had to take a step back and notice that my d3 was not at the level I thought it was. I didnt have a great idea how to approach, or how to punish beyond grabs and ftilts an smacking them in the face with a waddle. I couldn't work out how to edgeguard effectively.
- So ideally d3 is basically space with ftilt and waddles so that a laggy move can be grabbed, down throw to the end of the level and edgeguard with bairs and fairs?
- Should bair be ff'd? (It got me shield grabbed alot)
- When does the upb super armor end, and when do you need to cancel the jump to grab the edge?
-If d3 is a punishment character... how do you do it?

I have more, but they are questions I could find out for myself. since I dont have my wii, however, I cannot... I mainly have questions about how you go about spacing with this character and such that the guide doesn't mention.(Ive read it like 7 times) I just want to use d3, and hes different than any other character I've used before.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. But I still have two more questions I cant find answered anywhere really.

1) Do you fast fall the bair to the ground when in the air? (this got me shield grabbed so much, so I kinda ditched it and now jump and bair again)

2) Can you space a bair so that you can hit them but you cant get shield grabbed even if you fast fall? (even for just SOME characters)

Thanks again

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Lol, this reminds me of the Snake boards...

Space with ftilt and camp with 'nades!

@1 SH or FH?

@2 ?
I'll go see...

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Lol, this reminds me of the Snake boards...

Space with ftilt and camp with 'nades!

@1 SH or FH?

@2 ?
I'll go see...
1) either way so long as he hits the greound with the kick animation going got me grabbed.

2) thanks. The idea is to space a back air from a sh and fast fall to the ground and hit their shield, but be out of range for a grab. (and maybe other forms of punishment)

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I've found that FFing a bair in front of them is a great way to get shield grabbed.
Try to use rising bairs right before you hit the ground, or try to jump over them and land behind them. Not many people are good with turnaround grabs. I don't know how effective this would be with D3 though.

I don't think you could land a dair where you wouldn't get grabbed, because D3's landing lag from a FF bair is pretty lengthy.

Aeropup

Smash Apprentice
Go into training, 1/4 speed. Do the super jump. Notice how D3 flashes red on the way up? Those are the super armor frames.

Also, hold down before he jumps, and the jump will be shorter, and D3 will fastfall/snap downwards.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
thanks, I knew about stopping the upb, and kind of found out for myself about the super armor. This was pretty old but thanks for trying to help out

Top Bottom