• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some New Climber Vids

Miller

Smash Lord
I stopped watching half way through the first video, why?
It was horrible.
All you did was grab, even when he was half way across the stage. I only saw a few F-Airs, but other then that, you only grabbed
Plus that Yoshi was pretty bad too

Chaco

Never Logs In
That Yoshi blowed, but anyway, problems I saw with this was your chains weren't that connected they way you did them a good player could have DI'd out of it.

Where you trying to ice block lock or just continually jump on thier head, cause if you were that was stupid. I watched about half of the first video.

Woozle

Smash Journeyman
Agreed with Miller. If you going to post videos of you doing nothing but imperfectly chaingrabbing a sub-par yoshi and expect people to be impressed, you've got another thing coming.

The Ice Climbers can do a lot more than grab-- it's insulting to the character to ignore all their other strengths. :<

Cheers.

SnatchForFree

Smash Cadet
Chaco: It's called a footstool chaingrab. It's amazing how uneducated people are about something so talked about.

OP: I thought you played pretty well. I only watched the first vid. Good use of footstool combos and if the yoshi is dumb enough to get grabbed near the edge for a nana fair spike, why wouldn't you do the grab? I agree that you could of widened your attack options a little.

But hey I would rather watch a vid of someone who grab happy over someone who's squall happy. *cough* *cough*

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Why are y'all hating? These are better then half the videos posted in this thread. Yes his opponents sucked and didn't understand spacing well but he's the only player I've seen so far who made good use of the footstool CG.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
The footstool CG is eeeeeeaaasy and should be banned before alternating grabs IMO.

But I agree; this is Brawl. Everything is gay. He capitalizes on grabs, and it's a viable strategy, no matter what the skill levels of his opponents were. It's a questionable strategy in friendlies, however. o_0

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco: It's called a footstool chaingrab. It's amazing how uneducated people are about something so talked about.
I sense frustration, yeah, I didn't know what is what called. Big deal, I do know. I don't spend all my hours on here like some of you, so sorry.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Only watch the first video. The Yoshi was horrible at using his b-airs to space or what a Yoshi player I usually play does, b-air through the shield so they end up behind you preventing you from grabbing easily. Your strategy worked on this opponent but on better opponents this won't work. You have to learn how to use all of the ice climbers weapons; chaingrabbing, desyching, and just some normal combos. Work on using the ice climbers as if there were only one to get a better idea of what other options you have.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
It works on any player for the following reasons.

1. It's an inescapable infinite.
2. It's nearly impossible to mistime.
3. Getting a grab in Brawl is as easy as pantsing an elderly woman.

Yes, this strategy works on any player. Yes, it should be banned. Yes, Brawl is gay.

Top Bottom