• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Misc. Questions for a Future Diddy Mainer

Hailzeon0079

Smash Cadet
1. When someone trips on a banana, when do they have invincibility frames, and when can you attack?

2. Is the Diddy Hump a move to be used fairly often, a rare suprise, or only an edgeguard?

3. How's the priority of the Diddy hump?

4. What are some situations where the hump is better than the kick, or vice versa?

5. Should the DownSmash be seeing any use, it seems like a good breakdance, but all I see in vids is Fsmash and the occasional Usmash

6. Strategies against a good Marth? My friend edgeguards me very well, if I get to the ledge, he spikes me down a lot, or if I go far with the rockets, he's there to juggle me. Whats a good way to approach? Whats the best edgeguard for him, diddy hump, spike, Fairs?

Lol I know a lot of questions >_>, but thanks to anyone who can help

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
1. When someone trips on a banana, when do they have invincibility frames, and when can you attack?

2. Is the Diddy Hump a move to be used fairly often, a rare suprise, or only an edgeguard?

3. How's the priority of the Diddy hump?

4. What are some situations where the hump is better than the kick, or vice versa?

5. Should the DownSmash be seeing any use, it seems like a good breakdance, but all I see in vids is Fsmash and the occasional Usmash

6. Strategies against a good Marth? My friend edgeguards me very well, if I get to the ledge, he spikes me down a lot, or if I go far with the rockets, he's there to juggle me. Whats a good way to approach? Whats the best edgeguard for him, diddy hump, spike, Fairs?

Lol I know a lot of questions >_>, but thanks to anyone who can help

1. From my experience, they have invincibility frames for the first split second they had fallen on the ground, while standing, they are not invincible.

2. I use my Diddy hump(More often the kick version) fairly frequently. Especially when it comes to getting off the edge, no one expects you to drop, jump, and fly half way across FD with a foot going towards their face that has a obnoxious amount of priority. The actual Diddy hump itself I try to use frequently, although it's pretty difficult to land, since it has to contact the enemy before he's upside down on the backflip, and also, i believe he has invincibility frames during the first half of it.

3. Diddy hump has decent priority, since it has(or seems to have,) invincibility frames, and the diddy kick itself has REALLY high priority.

4. The kick is useful for closing gaps, and also doing damage. Unfortunately, the kick should NOT be used while off the level, you can't Rocket pack after it. The hump allows you to rocket pack afterwards, and I use it whenever I'm going to recover, especially to stop the momentum pushing you off the boundary of the stage. The diddy hump counters those jumping back deaths that frequently happen.

5. I use the Fsmash and Dsmash constantly. Fsmash is the most effective, especially while two-stepped, able to double the range by twostepping it. I rarely use the U-smash, because of the chance of missing the last hit, in which case you have no knock back. Dsmash should be used only when it's an assured hit, otherwise there is far too much downtime afterwards. But by far, F-smash and D-Smash are the only killing moves, if you ask me, U-Smash will *NOT* kill someone, within an intelligent amount of damage on them.

6. Abuse those 'naners! Keep that marth on his ***. Use the gliding toss towards him, and the second he starts standing, give him a nice F-Smash in the face, and be sure to watch for that counter. Try to make him come to you, play defensive, but when given the chance, punish him to the extremes. I haven't played many Marths, but one thing I've noticed is he's a lot faster, especially his over-b's, watch them. Be sure when you start punishing him to stay IN his face, do not give him distance, otherwise he'll tipper you and it'll be game over.

I hope my advice helps, I've been told by a bunch of people on IRC I have a wicked Diddy. :)

okor

Smash Apprentice
Fsmash is the most effective, especially while two-stepped, able to double the range by twostepping it.
I have read about two stepping, but I am not sure exactly how to do it correctly. Are there any videos showing how to do it correctly?

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
It's easier to give an example... A lot of people call it stutterstepping.

Basically, say you're facing left, tap left so you close the distance between your enemy and yourself, usually at this point if you hit A, you'll cartwheel... Instead, slam the control stick to the right, then C-stick down, up, or forward..

Get it? =)

okor

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I understand that, I just have no idea if I am doing it correctly.

One_With_Sumthing

Smash Apprentice
It's easier to give an example... A lot of people call it stutterstepping.

Basically, say you're facing left, tap left so you close the distance between your enemy and yourself, usually at this point if you hit A, you'll cartwheel... Instead, slam the control stick to the right, then C-stick down, up, or forward..

Get it? =)
O.O
[!!!]
Does that work in melee, too?

Top Bottom