• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Ike Movement Tricks

lordhelmet

Smash Master

I have a ton of free time over the summer. I don't post too much here, but I'm gonna try to be more active. I'm also going to start recording and uploading a lot more tournament videos. Pls sub.

Anyway... let's get this board a little more active. Here is some inspiration. Has anyone looked into Ike's footstool options/possibilities?

WhinoTheRhino

Smash Apprentice
IF SOMEONE SAYS THE WORD FOOTSTOOL, I'M THERE. Yo Ike doesn't have too great of a footstool game, but there are some uses. A setup I invented myself is Uthrow (no DI or DI forwards) into forwards hitting Bair (mostly standard), into footstool. This works because we do a running jump to hit the Bair, allowing us to follow their knockback into a footstool.

Our best footstool opportunities are probably from Nair on certain DI, as demonstrated here.

Footstools I've theorized but never actually gotten yet are weak hit Dair to footstool, and tipper Fair (out of a running jump in order to follow knockback) into footstool.

Btw, sick movement. People really need to start using ledgejump into perfect waveland on platform on stages like YS and WW.

Last edited:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
If you have time to footstool, it seems more productive to just hit a sweet dair. Dtilt and dair should combo into footstool nicely (DI dependent). Same with a falling up air

Frakture

Smash Apprentice
Your movement can be optimized a bit. Whenever you jump to waveland onto a platform from the ground, try doing a backwards jump. It's 2 frames faster and has more frames of leniency for a perfect waveland. You could also look into auto-cancels and jump cancels. Ike can auto-cancel land onto platforms with his aerials (up air is usually the best) on most legal stages, and can DJ land on Dreamland from the ground, and on Warioware from a ledge jump. I would also recommend fastfalling after wavedashing off of the stage to grab the edge faster.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Thnx. Source on backwards jump info?? I want to get better at perfect landings (youtube pewpewu academy).

Last edited:

Frakture

Smash Apprentice
Thnx. Source on backwards jump info?? I want to get better at perfect landings (youtube pewpewu academy).
Me. I discovered it myself. Because of the way that Ike does his backflip, his landing detection goes above the platform faster than it would normally, kinda like in high jumping.

Blanket_Walk

Smash Rookie
I love seeing qd -> wavedash -> ledgegrab used well, I'm never able to see it used in top level play. Unfortunately, I didn't see any qd backflips that can be shown in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pYaVVZZnuo. This move helps so much in grabbing the ledge and qd mixups. It travels much further than the turnaround qd you did in your video and keeps the momentum going. It may be a little tricky to master, but it is completely worth it after you learn to optimize it into your game play.

Overall good video, btw... you stole my color :happysheep:

Last edited:
Top Bottom