• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Help with Lucas

Kiryu

Smash Rookie
Hey all, the little PK punk is really giving me trouble lately.

SH or standing PKFire makes approaching with dash attacks, dash grabs, dashing c-sticked upsmashes, sh'ed fairs or nairs a righteous pain in the rear. B-sticking PK Fire makes it even harder to approaching him without getting blasted back by the PK fire's explosion which puts me in the air where his nair, bair, or rarely the dair eff me up.. PK fire seems to be ****** my Mach Tornado and Drill Rush and shield canceling dashes doesn't work because the shield shrinks enough that PK fire still blows up on me.

Coming from on high leaves me vulnerable to his up smashes that KO at me at 80%. His other smashes are almost as nasty. Gliding attacks on the ground are out because of his upsmash. I can avoid his spikes easily enough, so that's one bonus.

Gimping him out is giving me trouble because of Zap Jumping.

Any ideas on how to cut this kid down?

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Do you spam the Forward tilt? My bro keeps using it on me, then finish's me off with Metaknights Dsmash. His strongest AND fastest move.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Learn to avoid his usmash. Once you learn to see it (which I admit took me alot of unsuccessful attempts), it's ridiculously easy to wait out and then come down with a dair or nair.

A few things regarding it, if you haven't already noticed, that are worth mentioning are that it stays out longer than it appears to and the hitbox extends slightly to the side of him. However, it's still possible to come down at an angle with a glide attack or a mach tornado.

My friend is pretty irritating to fight when he uses Lucas, and I fell for his usmash dozens of times before I finally started to figure it out. Now it's his downfall most of the time.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Funny, My bro is kicking my *** as MK while I use Lucas(or Ness) While it's the opposite for you.

Kirio

Smash Apprentice
Vs. B-sticking Lucas: Dash into a short hop, airdodge through the PK, then fast fall into another dash or whatever you're close enough for. Worked wonders for me.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Air dodging in this game is incredible, so use it for Kirios suggestions. But also abuse it for everything else. Dodging through a PK thunder can leave Lucas wide open (but look out for it if he turns it around at you).

Byron 1337

Smash Journeyman
Waterloo, Ontario, IGLOO-LAND Oh, and play Melee
Try being in his face all the time. The forward tilt is nice, and at low percents you can combo out of it. The up smash is laggy when it comes out, just look for it. Also, try approaching with an air dodge. It is helpful, especially if you land behind Lucas, which sets you up for a grab.

Gimping his recovery shouldn't be too hard, just follow him out after you smash him. If he doesn't sweetspot, you should have enough time for a forward or down smash. I also find the down smash useful after you use an aerial. It comes out quick and it has decent knockback.

kyle?!

Smash Cadet
Meta Knight is a Lucas counter character for sure! I don't know what to tell you. Try dash short hop air dodge+fast fall to gain positioning next to him, then knock him back with a quick smash, then exploit the knock back. Meta Knight is quick enough to capitalize pretty well on a small gap like that.

Top Bottom