• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some anti little mac stuff (vid)

Jr555

Smash Apprentice
So this match has always been fun for me, and I thought you guys would appreciate some basic technology vs little mac. This online player is pretty bad/trolly but the concepts all work. http://youtu.be/k2kHf-LPR-s

I play a solid 6 or 7 chars in the new game but I do post G&W stuff when I can! Nice to join up with the community again, hope most of the Brawl G&Ws stuck with it (nice to see Smiley modding).

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
Throwing out bad moves against bad players isn't going to advance the metagame here.

Calling these moves "technology" isn't either.

I'm glad that you're interested in this character and are trying to discover ways to do well in this matchup with your own effort, but this isn't really helpful to this community.

Last edited:

X3I

Smash Apprentice
Dtilt and Usmash is a huge part of this match-up, though.
Crouching is, too.

Last edited:

Jr555

Smash Apprentice
Throwing out bad moves against bad players isn't going to advance the metagame here.

Calling these moves "technology" isn't either.

I'm glad that you're interested in this character and are trying to discover ways to do well in this matchup with your own effort, but this isn't really helpful to this community.
I don't mind agreeing with you that terminology isn't the highlight of this video, but I played G&W in Brawl competitively and feel pretty good about my G&W in this game too. Regardless, I'm not here to address whether you think I'm bad or not, I'm just curious though how you consider dtilt, bair, upsmash, jab, or full hop fairs (cause let's be real I didn't do much else) bad moves? How do you use Game and Watch if not at least using those?

Also I'm sorry to say but regardless of how many posts i make I've been part of the community for a long time so you'll have to forgive me if I don't care what you think the community needs. Good luck getting better/learning to not be so arrogant.

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
Regardless, I'm not here to address whether you think I'm bad or not, I'm just curious though how you consider dtilt, bair, upsmash, jab, or full hop fairs (cause let's be real I didn't do much else) bad moves? How do you use Game and Watch if not at least using those?
Dtilt in specific is a very bad move in this game because of its massive amount of endlag. Your intention with this video seems to be to highlight that if Little Mac does his side B, you can force him into the odd windbox on this move to shoot him offstage. While interesting, this is hugely impractical because no one who plays LM seriously is going to aggressively throw out side B against you; it's a very high risk approach with minimal payoff and is only really usable as a mixup. LM players who know what they are doing are going to zone you on the ground with ftilt and dtilt, not spam side B and dash attack.

I could write paragraphs about how you could improve your playstyle generally, but it's easier to tell you a little trick to set you on the right path. When you are playing an LM player on For Glory who is bad (that is, the situation is the same one as in your video), you can guarantee a kill right off the start by waiting for the dash attack, shielding it into dthrow>nair (angle the nair so that he goes behind you), then quickly jumping up for bair>bair/ up B.

PS: try spacing fair from short hop, not full hop. This transforms a predictable aerial approach into real pressure.

Last edited:

tol

Smash Rookie
Throw LMac off the ledge, then hit him with dair. If that doesn't spike him, try to hit him again with the Up-b on the way back up.
He could bounce off the stage and get spiked that way too. Works for me, but good macs will be afraid of following you anywhere
near the ledge.

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
Crouching is, too.
As someone who mains Little Mac and Mr. Game and Watch i can confirm that you can crouch under a lot of his moves.

LM players who know what they are doing are going to zone you on the ground with ftilt and dtilt, not spam side B and dash attack.
This is very true. His side b is like only good as a mix up or for hoping over somebody's projectiles for a quick punish. Good Little Macs will be playing more on the defensive, waiting for you to mess up and then punish...so they wont be throwing out dash attacks willy nilly.

Top Bottom