• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Solomar Discussion

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Does any one besides me actually play Solomar? If you don`t know what Solomar is it`s Olimar without his pikmin. Now that Solomar actually has a recovery (I`ll be it`s not a very good one), I want to know what kind of strategies my fellow Solomar mains have found.

ZaloMonkada

Smash Cadet
I've heard him been called nolimar instead. Pretty sure the tilt buffs made nolimar much better (but still not good). You can combo utilt -> utilt -> nair from what someone said in another thread

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I've heard him been called nolimar instead. Pretty sure the tilt buffs made nolimar much better (but still not good). You can combo utilt -> utilt -> nair from what someone said in another thread
It`s impossible to do tilts with my controller :(. I`m going to have to look into a Gamecube controller soon

SSS

Smash Ace
It`s impossible to do tilts with my controller :(. I`m going to have to look into a Gamecube controller soon
Bro if you can't do tilts then you literally CAN NOT play Nolimar. His only moves that work without Pikmin are Jab, Nair, Ftilt, Utilt, and Dtilt. Also his tilts are hella dope in this game so you really can't rely on MOAR C-STICK like in Brawl.

Nido

ily Sebby
Lol, I will just to show you how bad he is.

In a few days when I have someone to play against :/ (plus actual Olimar & Pikmin footage)

GeZ

Smash Lord
This is dumb. Nolimar discussion doesn't merit a thread. It's kinda goofy, and sometimes novel, but doesn't deserve any actual discussion.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
why would you honestly not just pluck pikmin? Its different than ice climbers, who cant pull extra nanas out of the ground. not to mention if you dont want to use the pikmin, you can just use the tilts while your pikmin are out, and keep the better recovery. This is stupid.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
why would you honestly not just pluck pikmin? Its different than ice climbers, who cant pull extra nanas out of the ground. not to mention if you dont want to use the pikmin, you can just use the tilts while your pikmin are out, and keep the better recovery. This is stupid.
Sopo and Solomar are the only two characters in Project M that arn`t equal to the rest of the cast so it`s more rewarding when you win with those characters.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
Sopo and Solomar are the only two characters in Project M that arn`t equal to the rest of the cast so it`s more rewarding when you win with those characters.
the reward of winning with a certain character in project m is nonexistent. If you lose with a certain character over another its because you've been outplayed. Thats the purpose of this game rather than melee. Its a generally dumb idea to play with a certain character just because theyre terrible, and you're probably not going to have much succession unless you're against a terrible player.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
the reward of winning with a certain character in project m is nonexistent. If you lose with a certain character over another its because you've been outplayed. Thats the purpose of this game rather than melee. Its a generally dumb idea to play with a certain character just because theyre terrible, and you're probably not going to have much succession unless you're against a terrible player.
I just love inviting over the people who go "I won a gamestop tourney and now I`m the best and none of you can beat me" and demolishing them with Solomar is all.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
I just love inviting over the people who go "I won a gamestop tourney and now I`m the best and none of you can beat me" and demolishing them with Solomar is all.
fair point lol, but I think thats slightly bad sportsmanship, if you played a real smasher you'd get smashed to pieces though

Top Bottom