• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Smash tourny

Nefarious

Smash Apprentice
Ichiban's: Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament
Morse High School / Cafetorium
March 7th, 2008
6905, Skyline Drive/ San Diego CA. 92114
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC (you don't have to attend the high school to enter)
Rules:
Mainly four Gamecube stations will be Setup (could be more or less depends on how much T.V.'s we can snag)
4 stock 8 Minute Time Limit
No Items
Price 3$ pre-order, 5$ at the door
Time: 2:30 PM- 5:30 PM + (might extend)
Best 2 out of 3
Single Eliminations (your out one time, Your out)
Bring your own controller
Stages: Perma-Final Destination
Illegal moves: Stalling with Rising Pound/Peach's Wall Bombing (O.K. if its used for Recovery and Semi- Mind Games)
Ice Climber Freeze glitch will be disqualified unless accidental; no damage is inflicted while frozen state and is still grabbable.
Show good sportsmanship and no extreme Exceesive language, (Friendlies trash talking is o.k. as long it doesn't result into conflict.)
Food and Drinks are available to purchase
First prize: 55$ Gamestop Giftcard (to avoid the gambling policy)
Second Prize: is 30$ Gamestop Giftcard
Third Prize: Apparantly food (Carne Asada Fries O.o)

NOTE: Most likely these rules will stick, I'll update if I get any new info.
Another NOTE: Wobbling IS legal

Im not the one hosting this, so if there is any questions, and or suggestions, you can contact the person who is in charge(kinda) on:

AIM: Zaraki KONpachi
E-mail: mangosentinal@yahoo.com

thats it o_O

The Game II

Smash Champion
A couple things:

1. I'm guessing since you posted it here, it's a public tournament, but just let us know that people that don't attend the high school are allowed to go.

2. Even if you don't win the leadership role to change the rules, just say that there are other stages in the game that are just as good as FD. Just cuz it's perma-FD doesn't mean the tournament will go faster (one person tried to make this case against me about a couple years ago and I showed her some matches that changed her mind).

3. Chances of me going increase since it's a Friday tourney. So where's that SD representation?

--GCII

Top Bottom