• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So you want to get sponsored for The Big House 6.

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
Doppler12 is back. Complete with another sponsorship deal, this time for The Big House 6.

Major Change notes from last season rules include

-Running Melee instead of Project M. (Still running WiiU)

-I'm only personally guaranteeing 4 players, down from 5.

-I've created a clear framework on how to add more players for Sponsorship (every 25 entrants at Smash & Drafts after the initial 100 that pays for the guaranteed).

-I'm willing to put up $80 per player for tournament costs.

-Top 4 are guaranteed Lodging, Additional lodging can be earned for Top 8 at 250 S&D entrants.

-Bracket scoring has been tweaked to punish lower placings less.

Full Rules Here

Season 2 Starts July 3rd.

I will be taking the qualifying players to The Big House, for free*.

I choose TBH because its a midwestern Melee and WiiU international tournament.

This Season we will be starting at 5pm, so be there on-time, I will start without you.

Doppler's Stupid Rule: You may only enter 2 events maximum, and depending on attendance I may force you to choose 1.

Smash & Drafts Events:
Smash 64 singles (Bi weekly until attendance justifies weekly)
Melee singles
WiiU singles

Costs:
$5 per bracket
$5 T.O. fee (Is used to pay for national trip, think of it as a savings plan)

How scoring will work for season 1

10 points for each Smash & Drafts attended
10 points for each full setup brought and used
10 points for each person you drove(carpool hype)
5 points for each bracket entered
X Points based on placement in each bracket

Maximum of 8 brackets will counted (will use highest scoring brackets if you enter more than 8 brackets in the season)

Brackets will be worth the #ofEntrantsx5=BracketValue (BV)
Earnings

BV/Y= Bracket Score

1st-4th place Y=1
5th place Y=1.5
7th place Y=2
9th place Y=2.5
13th place Y=3
17th place Y=3.5
25th place Y=4
33rd and below Y=5

I think its obvious on how this pattern works.

The scoring, while rewarding better players with more points, gives lower level players a chance of earning a free national trip they otherwise could not make with strong attendance and mid level placings. it also promotes players entering both games increasing the prize pool from week to week.

The last Smash & Drafts of Season 2 will be September 11th, the players eligible for The Big House will be announced no later than September 15th.

End of season point bonus will be max score (best 8 brackets) multiplied by total number of Events attended divided by 5.

*Free means I will cover Tournament Entry fees (Up to 2 official events). This does not include food, souvenirs, or money matches.

First 4 qualifiers will get free housing, all extra qualifiers this stipulation is subject to cost.

I will also take no less than 4 players, depending on turnout for the season as a whole, I could take more.

After the first 100 entrants, every extra 25 people to come to Smash & Drafts will create an extra spot for sponsorship.

First 4 Qualifiers will need to have attended at least 6 Smash & Drafts.
The First Qualifier will have had carpooled the most people
The second Qualifier will have the Most points.

The third Qualifier will have the Highest total in up to 8 Melee brackets

The fourth Qualifier will have the Highest total in up to 8 WiiU brackets.

All subsequent qualifiers will be brought by point totals, still need to have attended 6 Smash & Drafts or more.

ohotdog

Smash Rookie
I apologize if this is not the appropriate location for this type of post, but if anyone is looking for housing for The Big House 6 I can accommodate up to 3 people. I live in Ypslianti, MI, just 34 minutes from Dearborn. Feel free to contact me at anytime.

Last edited:
Top Bottom