• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So you want to fight a diddy kong

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
This thread will be to discuss strategies as to how to beat a diddy kong player. He's not as broken or OP as the community thinks. PLEASE no hate on this thread and no offense to those who main diddy, I personally think he still deserves a high tier spot for great combos and his U-air.
What I have found effective:
Diddy has one of the worst recoveries in the game and you need to take advantage of this. When a diddy player starts using his rocket barrel, you can attempt knock him off and ruin his recovery with a projectile, which is my preferred method as it is much safer than leaving the stage. The two characters who do this best are mega man and ness. Both characters can quickly get diddy to the ledge and use pk Thunder / metal blades (held or angled) and knock diddy off his pack with ease, making it much harder for him to recover. Repeat this until he loses his stock trying to recover. This is also effective while diddy is in motion with the rocket barrel and you won't endanger yourself by jumping offstage.
Let me know what you think and leave other tips / comments about defeating diddy and lets prove that he isn't the ultra broken character most think he is! (Note: this is my first post on smash boards, please be gentle. I have put at least 100 hours into brawl/melee and much more into the wii u. Thanks!)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Gonna see where this goes and leave it open, but this might be better served for a MU thread or something?

Top Bottom