• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So what do you expect event matches to be like

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
Well what Im saying is what type of event matches you think we'll have in SSBB . Im assuming their might be 1 or 2 event matches where you would have to use the Wii remote. What kind of event do you expect to be in Brawl?

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Maby thier will be some reused ones, like mario vs bowser, link vs gannon(dorf), ect, and possibly some whole new ones, like Fox vs Wolf would be interesting if wolf is better then fox.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I'm thinking some kind of "Battle of Love" where you have to play as one of the guys (Mario, Link, Fox) in a series of matches against their respective women.

Also, some kind of match ("Franchise Face-Off") where you are forced to be Sonic and you have to fight the whole Mario cast starting with Peach, Yoshi, Wario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Bowser, and ending with Mario.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Mario vs. Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Wario. That is all. (I have to say, no event matches)

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
I really think the team matches that the problem mentioned would be cool as hell. Or any kind of co-op mission. Of course the main thing to consider is the possibility to never ever run out of new missions to finish due to the wii connect 24. I mean, imagine going to sleep one night feeling accomplished that you have beaten all 70-something event matches and your Wii says, "Hey buddy! Got twenty more for ya'! Enjoy!" In this same vain...nintendo also holds the ability to add more characters to the game as well as trophies and also levels. Haha, sorry, I'm really excited about this game. Anyways, team matches would be cool. Or even co-op adventure...or 4 person adventure....maybe I took that a bit too far.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Maybe there could be a protect type event, where you'll be teamed with someone small and light, and you'll have to make sure they don't get KO'd. That could get quite interesting if team attack is turned on.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
It'd be kinda funny if, when they add new events (assuming event matches are even in SSBB <.< and you unlock said stage the same way) a message pops up that says:

"Hey, you haven't beaten all the events! We'll take back that Final Destination."

JPW

Smash Ace
i'm only seeing one event match possibility so far. Granted if he's in.

Mario vs Sonic.

That has to be in there. And it's not an easy Sonic too. at least make it worthy, and it could be the way to unlock him. Then in order to get Sonic's stage you have to finish adventure mode with him.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
I know this'll sound weird, but think about it.

What if for an event match, you had to fight a Pokemon Trainer (I don't even care if they just use a sillhouette of like Ness, as long as the event match description explains it, it's fine)

You would fight on a big level, and his AI would be set to like SUPER evade (though he would fly easily from attacks). However, he will have an INFINITE SUPPLY OF POKEBALLS.

The objective would be to chase him down and kill him before the time runs out, while dodging his ENDLESS BARRAGE OF DEADLY POKEMON!

lmao that could be really fun.

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
oh sure , rly funny , try to chase some1 while venusaur , charizard and blastoise play with u, try to cath ur opponent while a cloud of unknows poke you , FUN FOR SURE

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
oh sure , rly funny , try to chase some1 while venusaur , charizard and blastoise play with u, try to cath ur opponent while a cloud of unknows poke you , FUN FOR SURE
C'mon man, they need a few quirky event matches to go along w/ the badass ones. My idea would be kinda like an intense obstacle course. Also, you won't get flooded by pokemon unless you stop moving and let him camp. AND, if you're good enough, a single hit can get you into a winning combo or even the win.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Hm, interesting. Will you see the pokeballs flying towards you though? If so...couldn't you just catch them and throw them back at the guy sending him flying and stalled for a while because of his low threshold for pain? I love the idea...but I wasn't sure if the pokemon would appear randomly or if you would be able to catch the pokeballs.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Hm, interesting. Will you see the pokeballs flying towards you though? If so...couldn't you just catch them and throw them back at the guy sending him flying and stalled for a while because of his low threshold for pain? I love the idea...but I wasn't sure if the pokemon would appear randomly or if you would be able to catch the pokeballs.
you could probably see them but you can't catch them or if you can they don't hurt "trainer" and when you let go the pkmon still attack you.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
*bump*

I'm willing to bet that if Event Matches return, they'll have some sort of sneaking mission where you HAVE to play as snake and get around a whole bunch of people. It'd be cool if they did it zelda style where you'd have to reach a certain goal area, but the last section is impossible without the CLOAKING device, so you have to go retreive that first lol.

I'll wanna come back + talk some more, but i'll need help keeping this thread alive...

marthsword

Smash Ace
*bump*

I'm willing to bet that if Event Matches return, they'll have some sort of sneaking mission where you HAVE to play as snake and get around a whole bunch of people. It'd be cool if they did it zelda style where you'd have to reach a certain goal area, but the last section is impossible without the CLOAKING device, so you have to go retreive that first lol.

I'll wanna come back + talk some more, but i'll need help keeping this thread alive...
Actually, I think that's a great idea. *keeps the thread alive*

_clinton

Smash Master
How about a shooter event, use a superscope to take out targets on a moving platform?

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Well I'm expecting some of them to be a little longer, maybe a 2-part event or something of the sort. I want to be challenged, but not so challenged that I need luck from items or some sort to pick up the win.

Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to those bombs-only matches... Explosions should look 39% more magnificent on the Wii.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
I agree with the thread creator, I would really like to see wiimote-related event matches, even if there are only 3 or 4 of them.

I like the idea of a "super move" event match, acualy. Anyone remember event match 39? Legendary Pokemon, where you'd get pokeballs on high, all of them contained a legendary pokemon or a Wobberfet, and you had to take out 2 stocks from 4 giant wire frames and a jiggs? I loved that event match. I've beaten it many, many different ways, including no damage and no pokeballs (as in I would grab them and throw them off).

A protection event match was already done. Protect Peach from Giant Bowser one of them in Melee. It wasn't especially enjoyable. Neither was Pikachu and Pichu, event 48...so rediculously hard that one >_>

Anyway :p Wiimote event matches would deffinitly be a plus from me ^_^

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I also played event match 39: Legendary Pokemon over and over again. I usually just try to get them to 999% and then kill them off, since my high score can't possibly get much better.

See, perhaps the reason why that event was fun is because we got to play with things that usually are really rare occurences. I'd love to see that event again on a bigger stage...

Top Bottom