• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so stutter step fsmash is an amazingly easy desynch?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
how come no one told me this ???? :p

So yeah you just charge the fsmash with popo and nana does w/e you want with after she dash attacks or pivot grabs?

I'm like 99% sure this is old, just wanted to express my surprise when I "discovered" it by myself >.>

This is really cool lol

alright, although it is in this thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=159767
it isn't listed as stutter step fsmash specifically
>.>

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Does Nana do the DA in the opposite direction Popo is facing when you Stutter Step Desynch?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
me lol said:
10: Pivot A. The Pivot De-Sync is one of the fastest and I recommend learning it. Nana can't pivot, and will run backwards whenever you attempt to do so. Pivoting into a jab, tilt, or smash (sans u-smash) will cause Popo to pivot the move, and Nana to dash attack in front of you.
My bad if stutter step =/= pivoted f-smash.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Nana can pivot... grab... and probably stutter step fsmash...

but if you stutter step fsmash with cstick, she does a dash attack instead

Stutter step fsmash just refers to like a double pivot fsmash, lol
so yeah it's like a dash dance desynch, sort of. just a lot more reliable

lain

Smash Master
I've been messing around with this desync and as easy as it is, pivot iceblock is just as easy.

Throwing nana forward in a dash attack while you forward smash generally won't help you in a lot of situations, encounters, counters, or approaches (i.e. anything)

Teh Future

Smash Master
^Yeah any desync that moves forward I generally find as a bad option because it can be easy to interupt before you start your chain of Blizzards or whatever.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I've been messing around with this desync and as easy as it is, pivot iceblock is just as easy.

Throwing nana forward in a dash attack while you forward smash generally won't help you in a lot of situations, encounters, counters, or approaches (i.e. anything)
It's not completely useless. For instance, if I want to time an action from Nana, I can just hold the fsmash from Popo and keep them desynched for as long as I want. It's also a nice mixup if used sparingly: if dash attack misses due to a spot-dodge, a fsmash should hit if timed properly. If they shield both, Nana is there for the grab.

I also really like the desynch where Nana acts first (it's like a mini dash dance I guess?). I chase an IB from Nana and it usually catches them off guard and results in a grab.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
That desynch is not easy at allll. xD

It's probably the only one I can't do.

Top Bottom