• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, Samus has the ability to swap move sets, why not give this to Ganon as well?

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Alright I think you guys can figure out where I'm going with this, if possible I'd love to see Ganondorf be able to swap between fightingwith his fists and fighting with his sword using his down taunt, that way we can have his sword but still keep his regular Project M move set.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah I can figure out where you're going with this : to the suggestions thread.
http://smashboards.com/threads/ganon-meta-thread-discussions-and-suggestions-go-here.341662/

Spoiler : this has already been discussed and the general consensus amongst Ganon mains is that the sword mode is broken so unless it gets majorly reworked this is a bad idea.
My personal opinion is that if I want to play a swordie there are already a lot of characters to choose from.

PS : next time look at the forums before creating a new thread. Thanks.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Yeah I can figure out where you're going with this : to the suggestions thread.
http://smashboards.com/threads/ganon-meta-thread-discussions-and-suggestions-go-here.341662/

Spoiler : this has already been discussed and the general consensus amongst Ganon mains is that the sword mode is broken so unless it gets majorly reworked this is a bad idea.
My personal opinion is that if I want to play a swordie there are already a lot of characters to choose from.

PS : next time look at the forums before creating a new thread. Thanks.
The newest version of the mod now is called Triforce Ganon it's in version 0.1 so there's a lot of room for improvment and it also adds a third stance for wizard Ganon. and it's not broken or OP at all, regular Ganon is has the most power but least range with moderate lag on moves, Sword Ganon has medium power most range and most lag, and wizard Ganon has least power, medium range and least lag. It not perfect and there is a lot to add to it, but it's really well made and very fun. check it out.

I doubt anything like this would get implemented to PM. But maybe like Samus, if him pulling his sword out would only change a few core moves (maybe his smash attacks?) it could possibly work.

WickedWarlock

Smash Rookie
Someone made a mod to do just that, my man! I haven't tried it myself but I think it would be great to mess with my friends. Otherwise it seems kinda broken and gives Ganondorf too many options at his disposal, especially considering Samus has relatively minor moveset changes. I wouldn't be a proponent of it to be put directly in PM, particularly with how it is at this point, but I like that the option is there anyways cause the idea is awesome!

Here is the link to the forum where you can download it:
http://smashboards.com/threads/ganondorf-sword-mode-for-projectm.342640/

Maybe we just need a Toon Ganondorf...

GeZ

Smash Lord
I hope teluoborg doesn't get angry at me for sorta kinda bumping this (sorry :L) but

The newest version of the mod now is called Triforce Ganon it's in version 0.1 so there's a lot of room for improvment and it also adds a third stance for wizard Ganon. and it's not broken or OP at all, regular Ganon is has the most power but least range with moderate lag on moves, Sword Ganon has medium power most range and most lag, and wizard Ganon has least power, medium range and least lag. It not perfect and there is a lot to add to it, but it's really well made and very fun. check it out.

I doubt anything like this would get implemented to PM. But maybe like Samus, if him pulling his sword out would only change a few core moves (maybe his smash attacks?) it could possibly work.
It's really hard to balance stances like that well, and while Triforce Ganon seems like a fun pet project, I wouldn't like to see P:M Ganon get his sword out for a moveset. It just feels so much manlier to know that he has a sword and has reasoned that his fists are clearly more destructive.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Nah man, I'm not that tyrannic (yet, wait until I get mod powers hahaha).

It's true what you say, and I'll add that the most important thing for Ganon right now is to get those little changes (grab range, hitbox on air wizkick, etc.) that will make his life easier. If he gets an official mode that gives him a sword then why not, I'm not gonna stop playing him, but that shouldn't be the priority for the pmbr.

Last edited:

bandi

Smash Cadet
Couldn't we give Ganon instead of his Warlock Punch a Warlock Instant Win :GCB:? Because we're so manly as Ganondorf players we wouldn't use it deliberatley, of course. :demon:

I don't see any balancing Issues if this is the case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom