• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So overall, who was buffed/nerfed?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
From what I've played so far most characters have been buffed overall with the following exceptions.

* Meta Knight: I no longer feel dirty when I use him.
* Olimar: Halved Pikmin numbers really hurt the damage build-up
* Diddy Kong: Them naners were vital to his game.
* Fox: I didn't play him much but he still feels off somehow.

Ice Climbers: 3DS couldn't handle them.
Snake: Erased from existence.

What's your take? Do you think everyone's better or weaker?

GoldenBoy25

Smash Cadet
NNID
GoldenBoy12
3DS FC
5043-3152-3802
I agree, Meta Knight doesn't feel as dominant. ZSS feels pretty buffed to me. Toon Link actually feels a lot better to me too, I've been using him way more than I thought he would. His aerial game is pretty nasty if used correctly.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
As a long time puff main ( I´ve mained her for 15 years, ever since 64.), I can gladly say, that she´s buffed from brawl. But she´s not at melee level. But she is still extremley good in Smash 4. I´m a happy, happy puff.

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
Fox was buffed, not nerfed.

Brawl Diddy Kong was probably still mid-tier without Bananas. He was seriously that good. His Non-Banana gameplay has been hugely buffed. Just as a hypothetical: if you ignore Bananas he is possibly the second most buffed character (after Koopa) and he was already decent without them.

And Falco is similar to Diddy in that one great move was nerfed (Blaster) but otherwise his gameplay is super strong. People forget he wasn't just top tier in Brawl because of Lazers - he had a very strong game all around and was the best "boxer" in the game.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Metaknight wasn't simply nerfed, Sakurai went out of his way to make sure metaknight was the most unenjoyable character to use in the game. I'm not mad at Sakurai, but it's upsetting to see what he did to my brawl main. I am fully aware that metaknight needed some huge nerfs, but now he is a joke character imo. He might make it to high tier on the first tier list since he did keep some of his good traits from brawl.

What I hate the most is that Metaknight's sword is now pointless. Why should he have a sword if he barely has any disjointed hitboxes? Not only did his sword lose a ton of range, but it also lost a lot of power. His sword is more like a dull pairing knife, and what's funny is that he has slightly increased lag after all of his moves despite the fact that his sword is so light, does little damage and knockback, and he is a very lightweight character.

Diddy Kong definitely wasn't nerfed, at worst, he is at the same level he was at in brawl. Even though he can no longer pull out two bananas nor glide toss, his combo ability is one of the best in the game. If you remember Peach's combo ability from brawl, Diddy Kong's in smash 4 is even better. Additionally, he is really fast movement and above average kill potential.

Top Bottom