• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So my Sheik is worthless.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
How "worthless", you ask? I mean I wouldn't use her against a Fox/Wolf/Ike of lesser skill, but instead I'd stick with Zelda, even if she had the worse fight. That's how bad my Sheik is. Completely, utterly, incredible useless.

Unlike other threads, I don't have any videos of my Sheik because anything that has recorded my Sheik has been erased. Why? The only time you'll see my Sheik is when I accidentally hit Down B with Zelda and she gets smashed to the face. So I run off the stage, jump as high as I can, and Down B, rarely attempting to fight back. I'm tired of this.

I have about a week before I start up work. In that week, I want to play people with just my Sheik. Anyone will do, but I really, really could use fighting another Sheik. I don't care if you want to use Zelda; that's fine with me. I just want someone who knows a good enough deal about Sheik to completely wreck me over and over again so I can get an idea as to how things go. If a match ends in under 3 minutes and if you want it up for whatever reason, let me know.

Yes, I know WiFi is not the best source. Yes, I know that things will be much different offline. No, I do not care, because by the time I get back to the people I normally smash with (none of them being Sheik players), I will be perfecting the general stuff that I see in matches offline against bots and whatnot so I can at least get a grasp of Sheik. I can then go on to improve my Sheik, and voila, I'll be a Zelda/Sheik main for good.

So... starting at about... 1 - 2 PM, Tuesday, Eastern Time Zone (9 hours from now), I want anyone who is online and willing to do WiFi to play me. It can be a few matches, or it can be for hours. Whatever you want, so long as nothing unexpected pops up. I would like for you to use Sheik at least a few times, but if you use other characters, that's ok, too. I'm sorry if this thread belongs somewhere else, but I checked and I didn't find anywhere else to place this.

By the end of that week, I want to be able to not get beaten down by everyone whenever I pick Sheik. My friend code is up already, and I apologize in advance if something happens on WiFi. Again, you're free to quit whenever you want for whatever reason. If you have any advice for me, feel free to post that as well.

So... here we go.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'd be willing to help you out if you'd like, think we played a few games before but I don't remember you playing Sheik lol.

If you really want to play Sheik mirrors over wifi......be prepared for a gayfest. It's even harder to DI out of the tilt lock.

Anyways I should be free anytime tomorrow evening so we can play some then.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Cool, and by "tomorrow evening", do you mean Tuesday or Wednesday evening?

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
hey im up for it. i dont really know if i got the skill of some of the other peeps on this thread but id be happy to fight you

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
Ohhh... Now I wish I had wifi. This is what we need more of. People who are willing to get good with both zelda and sheik. Maybe then they'd be more effective, we might even see them both move up in the tier list. good luck bro.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
PK, since silver asked me first, you don't mind if we play later, right?

Silver, I'm available.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
uhhh wow your good i dont see why you think you stink haha! ( i cant play squat agenst sheiks haha) anyways yeah it was werid liek almost every move you did i was going to do but you beat me to it most of the time it was werid. but yeah you owned me cuz your dodges ahh i hate it when peeps know how to dodge/ shield good. it always messes me up but hey its what i need to work on. wow i killed myself like in every fight haha!

So thank you very much for the match wow ive never played some one that good cuz nun of my friends are good. good wake up cheek for me thanks!

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Well the thing is, it's not that I'm really bad at the game itself (which is why I can shield/dodge), but I'm just bad with Sheik. Plus I got some warm-up games against Tristan, so I had an idea as to what to do.

I think WiFi pretty much caused me to beat you out most of the time. We might have the same input lag, but again, I had a warm-up on WiFi and I had a slight advantage there. Don't worry about it. Also, your C. Falcon fooled me, lol!

Great games. Hope we can play sometime again. :)

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
Well the thing is, it's not that I'm really bad at the game itself (which is why I can shield/dodge), but I'm just bad with Sheik. Plus I got some warm-up games against Tristan, so I had an idea as to what to do.

I think WiFi pretty much caused me to beat you out most of the time. We might have the same input lag, but again, I had a warm-up on WiFi and I had a slight advantage there. Don't worry about it. Also, your C. Falcon fooled me, lol!

Great games. Hope we can play sometime again. :)

yeah definetly yeah that captin falcon match was halarious! well thanks again for the match. next time ill get ya! haha

Top Bottom