• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U So Master Fortress.

B33b3

Smash Rookie
I've been making an attempt to go through Classic with every character and pretty much every single time I beat Master Hand/Crazy Hand, then Master Core usually without too much difficulty. But then Master Fortress comes up. And I pretty much always get screwed over in some way there and just die again and again until I drop below 8.0 difficulty. My troubles have tended to be character specific, like I have a lot of trouble with the shield guys with Robin, mostly the last one with the laser bro behind him makes it hard to deal with because I can't rely on ranged attacks and Robin's melee game just feels rather countered by them and god forbid you miss a grab or don't get an opening until you get shot at again. As much as that bothers me, that's not why I hate Master Fortress. I hate it because it's not on the 3DS version. So I feel I'm forced to go through a harder version of Classic mode and constantly get screwed out of beating it on 8.5 or 9.0 simply because I'm on the Wii U version. Considering I beat Master Core everytime on at least 8.5, I think I can safely assume I would have beaten Classic with every character by now on at least 8.5 but because I have to deal with MF because I'm on the Wii U version I just get screwed over. It's getting easier to get to MC, but MF just feels like this unneeded extra difficulty thrown in where some characters it's super easy with and others not so much. I wouldn't have an issue with it if it wasn't exclusive to the Wii U and preventing me from getting the Challenges finished because on the 3DS I would already be done.

And yes, I am rather salty about it, yes I have beaten 9.0 without losing a stock. I know it can be done, but it just feels unfair that Wii U players have this extra challenge they have to do.

D

Deleted member

Same here. Master Fortress is aggravating, I've only been able to beat it twice. I come so close but die because of annoying lasers, annoying enemies and annoying danger zones. Couldn't they have spread the difficulty a bit? There's way too much going on.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I had a lot of trouble with MF early on, but now I have beaten it with 19 characters and counting. Once you learn the patterns it's not too hard. Just grab or run by the Stalfoses and kill the flowers as soon as you can. Also, pretty much every character I have used has had vampire and/or auto-heal equipment, and generally has had their attack power boosted quite a bit. The key is just to be patient. You should have plenty of time in MF, so you can clear out the flowers at your leisure and then go for the targets.

d00derino

Smash Cadet
I had a lot of trouble with MF early on, but now I have beaten it with 19 characters and counting. Once you learn the patterns it's not too hard. Just grab or run by the Stalfoses and kill the flowers as soon as you can. Also, pretty much every character I have used has had vampire and/or auto-heal equipment, and generally has had their attack power boosted quite a bit. The key is just to be patient. You should have plenty of time in MF, so you can clear out the flowers at your leisure and then go for the targets.
Came in here to echo that. You have plenty of time, don't let the clock intimidate you. I usually finish with 3 minutes to spare. Honestly, getting to the MF is the harder part for me. And kill those damn flowers.

Butch2884

Smash Rookie
NNID
Butch2884
Watch out for respawning flowers after you attack the final heart.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I've never been so mad at a game... This is really frustrating and after trying too much its not even fun anymore.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
I share all the pain you get from Master Fortress.

On on nth time trying to beat Fortress, I used Dedede, and got really far. At the 4th and final part of the fortress, I was ready to spam my attacks at the pink core. But a stupid shadow hit me with a ray, got 100% stamina, and flew to the yellow acid. Died. So close.

I'll feel really good the day I can at least accomplish this challenge once. Then I'll need to do it 2+ more times.

I'm also hunting for the best characters to use in Master Fortress. Perhaps your best one are the most ideal to use.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I'm gonna go ahead and try doing 9 Intensity with 2 attack and 1 defence Ganondorf

EDIT: Got to Master Fortress. I died at the part with the yellow lava because wow... You need to be very steady and land in a correct place and at the same time you need to dodge enemy fire...

Okay, no... I'm never doing this at all...

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy that I got this with Captain Falcon (no-custom-fighter, 9.0 challenge) and a custom Bowser (9.0, only one stock challenge)... Especially my custom bowser (Crystal Shell, Defense with Auto-Healing & Strength with Vampire effect badges) was great to trash the hearts with one up-air and the last one with two uncharged smash attacks... no need to care for the respawning enemies!

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
Fortress gets stressing during the second wave, since lots of enemies appear in that section.
I've always wanted to Rest the pink spheres with Jigglypuff when I was doing a no stock loss 9.0, but I didn't risk it.

Top Bottom