• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I've been reading some comics...

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
...most notably, I've been reading Batman.

For those of you who don't know, The Killing Joke is one of the bigger Batman comics out there. It has to deal with the origin of the Joker, but that's not the issue.

Earlier in the comic, The Joker began to tell Batman a joke. However, due to some...interference...Joker couldn't finish it.

Near the end, the Joker repeats the whole thing.

and then **** goes down.

batman

****ING

LAUGHS.

Not a chuckle, not a smirk or a grin, but full-blown laughing his *** off.

The joke didn't make me laugh like that. Nobody I know laughed very hard at that.

"See, there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum... and one night, one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they're going to escape! So, like, they get up onto the roof, and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in the moon light... stretching away to freedom. Now, the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend didn't dare make the leap. Y'see... Y'see, he's afraid of falling. So then, the first guy has an idea... He says "Hey! I have my flashlight with me! I'll shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk along the beam and join me!" B-but the second guy just shakes his head. He suh-says... He says "Wh-what do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was half way across!"

There is the joke. I want to know if others laugh. This is the joke that made MOTHER-****ING BATMAN LAUGH.

SSJ6SephirothGogeta

Smash Rookie
The context of the comic matters.

*SPOILERS*

IIRC, Batman had just saved Commissioner Gordon and the Joker was pretty much stuffed (Batman having finally "proven" that even if someone had the worst day of their life they could retain their sanity). Batman had just saved the day and the joker was done-zo's. Aside from that being an uplifting mood for him, one could also argue that he was laughing in a tongue-in-cheek manner, perhaps mocking the joker's lunacy. He may have also found the fact the Joker made such a Juvenile joke in and of itself funny to the point that the Joker is obviously far more intelligent than the joke would have one perceive an individual.

The Killing Joke is a cool comic.

Top Bottom