• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Inconsistent...

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=1299]So Inconsistent...[/drupal]

My circle of close friends all play smash, and all show an interest in playing competitively. I, like them, wouldn't drive an hour away for a tourney though. We only like to do local, within a half-hour away at most.

Out of the three best players in our group, I've shown to be a lot better... This is where my annoyance comes from...

I beat on just about everyone in the group, except the other two. One of them, we continually switch with who is better (in other words, every other week, I play like an idiot). The other guy, 'the best', I just about never beat. My main, Wolf, against his, Snake. Out of eight matches, I would win three. This was a long time ago, several months.

However, after I do play him a lot, and I get better, I usually have a solid line of wins in a row. Ergo, I'm not worried about him.

Why I'm so irritated?

I'm inconsistent, and I want to change that. Just about every week, I'm usually doing so-so, but then I play, about once in a blue moon, like a ****ing God and win everything. I end up doing things like three-stocking the player that I play inconsistently. I'll call him J. As for the other, the 'best' in the group, I just one stock him. Note, I have not played him for several months (he's been ground/there was a dry spell for brawl/etc).

My problem is that I'm really inconsistent, and it's annoying. Everyone in the group tells me this, and it's annoying. And my biggest problem is that, no matter how good I am, I can't beat Pit... Take that how you will, I just cry about it...

Anyway, I'm happy about venting that. I'm tired of being inconsistent. I just want to stay good. D:

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Just do doubles with him. It brings a new twist, and you don't have to worry about who is the best.
lol No one let's that guy and I do doubles: only we win.

And my problem's not about being the best, really, as much as it is as staying consistent. I'd rather not be the best and be consistent than be the best an not be consistent.

And let me make one correction: assume that my saying I'm the best is speculation, and should be ignored. Pay attention to my consistency more. I'd rather not sound like a pompous *** anyway.

Several members of the group think I can be the best. I think it's possible as well, judging from my experience with them. Nonetheless, again, it's speculation, and anything is possible.

D

Deleted member

I'm the same way! I place 16th at a WV tourney and then a week from then I place 53rd. I dunno what causes it but it affects most people to an extent.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Its most likely energy level and your mood at the moment. And you also have to take into consideration your opponents performance.

Im inconsistant too, but all it takes is a little warming up >_>

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Its most likely energy level and your mood at the moment. And you also have to take into consideration your opponents performance.

Im inconsistant too, but all it takes is a little warming up >_>
Out of the group, the guy I labeled as 'J', is the other inconsistent guy. Everyone else is mostly the same.

I do need a little warming up, but sometimes, I really just suck. If you take a nap or stop playing for a period of time, you usually get better.

Top Bottom