• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, I'm new.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I'd thought I'd make a thread, because I joined today, and that's what your supposed to do, I guess? I'm not really experienced in the competitive smash community, I know a little, but not much. I'd really love to get into it all and learn more about it, so that's what I'm doing xD I hope that's okay? <3

I guess I should also mention who I play as, and things like that. I missed out on Smash 64, and I have played it now, but not enough xD As for Melee and Brawl, I mainly take after Marth and Zelda. Zelda because... I just like Zelda, I don't know :p And Marth, I'm obviously a huge fan of Fire Emblem, and I like the way he plays, even though it's very different from Zelda. And for Smash 4, I plan to go all out on Robin and Lucina. Awakening is my favorite game to date, so Robin and Lucina being in is crazy to me. Basically, Zelda and Marth got/will get/probably will get replaced. Lucina seems to just be a clone of Marth with a few twists, but I love her. And Robin... is just amazing. Then again, I could hate how Robin and Lucina plays, but I already kinda know with Lucina, and as for Robin... something tells me that won't happen. Sorry for the weird long annoying post, that wasn't supposed to happen xD

Last edited:

h2oHarmonix

Smash Rookie
Welcome! Im new to smashboards also so we can learn together! Haha im not as good in the competative level but i know a thing or two also :p. Hope you enjoy yourself! Let me know if there's anything you wanna know. And if i don't know, we can both learn it hahaha

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Thanks ^-^ I appreciate the help c: I just hope I can do it, but if anytime would be good to join, it would be now, since Smash 4 comes out in less then 3 months for the 3ds

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Oh my, another FE fan! Happy day! I just greeted one a few minutes ago :D Enjoy your 3 cool points.

I'll be more than happy to help you out by linking you to this guide for competitive Smash. Pay attention, read through it carefully (assuming you'll be interested), and it'll definitely help in the long-run.

On another note, when did you get into playing Fire Emblem?

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
How sly and sneaky...THIS AN OUTRAGE!!! I have failed myself in saluting this new member. My capricious mind is ever filled with toil, and I have been naught but able to sequester my sudden ominous presages for a short time, when forsooth, a prolonged hiatus is what I desire. I strive to reach this pinnacle of enlightenment; it is my ruling destiny.

Hey there and welcome! I main Zelda and Marth too!

EDIT: Didn't edit just hit edit (tongue-twister, ERMAHGERD)

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Thank you so much! I'll read as soon as my computer wants to cooperate with me more xD My first Fire emblem was 7, or Blazing Sword, which is apparently one of the best ones to start off with. I don't really remember how old I was, so I could be wrong, I guess, but I DO know that it was either 7 or 8. xD I've played all past that except for Path of Raidence (which is really sad :c) and 12 because all they have are translation patches, which I have yet to try. I play some of 6, but I never finished it. I know how Path of Raidence goes, kinda... I know all that I need to know at least, from Raidant Dawn (Which I have very mixed feelings about)

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Oh good, at least I'm not the only Zelda fan c: I have a strong feeling those two will be replaced soon by my favorite characters in Fire Emblem Awakening :3 (Well, it makes me feel conceded saying Robin is my favorite, I like Chrom a lot too, but having your own character takes it away for me, now if only we get Robin customization in Smash 4, hehehe, I would be completely satisfied, that's all I want now c:)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Thank you so much! I'll read as soon as my computer wants to cooperate with me more xD My first Fire emblem was 7, or Blazing Sword, which is apparently one of the best ones to start off with. I don't really remember how old I was, so I could be wrong, I guess, but I DO know that it was either 7 or 8. xD I've played all past that except for Path of Raidence (which is really sad :c) and 12 because all they have are translation patches, which I have yet to try. I play some of 6, but I never finished it. I know how Path of Raidence goes, kinda... I know all that I need to know at least, from Raidant Dawn (Which I have very mixed feelings about)
Yeah, Blazing Sword was 7. And aw, if you can ever get your hands on Path of Radiance, that'll be great. It's the best FE game imo :)

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I've heard a lot of good things about Path of Radience, and I haven't been spoiled too much, so I'm trying. Thanks. What was your first Fire Emblem game? ^_^

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I used to like Lyn, but she's boring and she's completely left out of 6, which is supposed to be after Fire Emblem 7 story wise

Top Bottom