• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I want to get better with Mewtwo!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So, I've been doing competitive Smash for over a year now and I've started off by Maining Mewtwo, being persuaded to take up Sheik/Marth, got bored with them, and have gravitated back to my first and only true Smash love, Mewtwo.

When I entered the scene, I could WD no problem and consistently with Mewtwo...and now picking him up again I find I can't do a single WD...which I find really sad since I can WD with everyone else just fine...so I think I might just get a new controller as far as that goes.

I read over Taj's matchup thread, and I was happy to see it had Fox/Marth/Sheik, which are my biggest troubles. I had done a lot of talking with Mookie in the past, around Brawl's release, and he said to just keep attacking Sheik with Tilts because that's what works for him, and it has more or less worked for me until I get greedy and ... well then I die.

Anyways, what really got me stoked to play Mewtwo again was this past weekend, at Bull Headed Onychomys in Vernon, CT, where in Pools I played against JFox and Th0rn using Mewtwo. At my previous tournament, XIIIEsticle, I had played JFox in the losers brackets I believe, and his Peach kinda kicked my ***. This time, I managed to keep up with him for the most part, and he complimented my better playing and that I caught him off guard with lots of stuff, so that was cool.

Then I played against Th0rn's Falco on FD, and after getting DAir'd to hell and back, I finally DI'd out of it and grabbed, back throw[he had some damage on him from previous NAirs], and when he went to recover I killed him with the DAir. Then I almost did that 2 more times.

Unfortunately, I never made it out of Pools because I suck. Lol. But as it stands I've made more KOs using Mewtwo against higher level players than I have using any of the High/Top Tiers that I've been told to play, since Mewtwo just feels natural to me, so I've decided to stick with the Psychic Cat Monster thing.

With that said, what are the usual DI's that should be applied against Spacies/Marth/Sheik to escape their combos? I know getting space by DIing away until you can teleport has worked the best for me so far, but in case there is something better, that would be cool to know.

-DD

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
It's just variations of away, really. With Falco, it might be right or left, depending on the move (uairs you want to DI behind him as he'll have a harder time reaching you, mid-air shines you would DI away from him to avoid the bair). With Sheik you'd go just away... maybe switch up the DI on the dthrow and see if you get lucky. You probably won't, but it's there. Marth you probably want to DI just down and away. Pretty basic.

Also, if you can wavedash with Falco, you should be able to wavedash with Mewtwo. Timing's the same.

Aaand... you shoulda just posted this in the matchup thread =P

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:3 Yea, I guess. x_x.

So that's what I did!

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
main sheik. youll do better
>_> In tournaments, even as it stands, I have more Collective KOs with Mewtwo than I have with all other character's I've played combined.

<_< People already know how to fight Sheik. Its not fun.
-DD

noodles

Smash Champion
oh, trying changing your colors every once and a while then. i improved dramatically when i switched from
green fox to red. so if your doing bad with one color switch to the color farthest away from yours in the color wheel.

heres one for reference

hope that helps

Top Bottom