• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I found this interesting video about someone making Olimar his main.

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
"Olimar's only glaring weakness is his light weight." I hope this guy wasn't late for taking the blue bus to school.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
I just finished watching that video.

This rather charming :) individual said many truths about Olimar, but some of his comments were false, too.

Olimar isn't a lightweight character. He's actually a middle-class weight, like Mario.

Also, this individual said that Olimar is newbie-friendly. I suppose this is a valid opinion, and there is no way to disprove opinions. However, I strongly believe Olimar requires advanced experience in competitive play. Olimar users have twice as much pressure to stay on the stage compared to other characters. Olimar can die from a normal attack at low percentages because of his true weakness: edge-hogging susceptibility.

I commend him for taking the time and effort to make that video, though. :)

Newtwarrior

Smash Cadet
Like Gaz I actually sat through the whole thing, but aside from pointing out some obvious things, the whole lightweight thing, and the Newbie friendly thing, afraid thats 100% wrong, Ike and wolf are newbie friendly, Olimar you gotta think more than any other character IMO, and I'm not just saying that cause hes my main.

Also, I think I'd rather here Microsoft Sam narrate the video than his own voice next time >< sounded like he was holding his nose...

GEEZ DID SOMEBODY FART IN HERE!?

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
Hello.

First off, please don't bash my voice. I never had sufficient experience in RL socializing.

Second, I say Orimaa (take that, Donkey filter) is newbie-friendly because his basic attacks aren't difficult to use, unlike Snake's. But nobody is denying that he's a character who requires heavy thinking for mastery. It's simply that Br(a)wl's (or SSBros's in general) environment that can make that punishing.

And Orimaa's weight.......okay, so who is right? Maybe the Pikm(i)n do affect his weight, but, still, Gazelle is saying he's middle-weight, my experience suggests that he's no heavier than KAABII (who at least can float back to the stage), the Wiki says he's lightweight. *sigh* Oh well. As long as he's not broken. (By the way, why would he be middle-weight? It wouldn't make sense.)

And please note that by no means do I mean to insult Orimaa mainers. Simply, I am by *NO MEANS* the most skilled one out there. Of course, if any issues have to do with bandwagoning, please bear in mind that I don't like to do that. I mained him before my first playing of Br(a)wl, not even having had prior experience with him (Pikm(i)n games not withstanding).

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Hello. I'm not 100% positive about Olimar's weight, and I can't confirm it at the moment, since I don't have a Wii. However, from my experience of using Olimar, I really believe he's not lightweight like Zelda and Jigglypuff. He feels relatively heavier, like Mario. I know that's probably not very convincing, but after playing numerous matches with him, Olimar just feels like a middle-weight character. Would anyone like to confirm or disprove this?

Newtwarrior

Smash Cadet
I'd have to agree with your mid weight theory, I'd dump him in the same weight as Toon Link, as I've had some complaints from my friends about olimars survivability rate, in a good way that is.

Not quite mario but deftinely not diddy or jiggs

P.S. LOL THE NARRATOR HIMSELF!
I got Burned D:
I still hold strong by my comment, :)
Orimaa and KAABII? Lol Romanji is always fun..eck.

null84

Smash Cadet
A.) Olimar usually die 100+% shows that they are not light weight character

B.) They are not for new players because new players cannot handle Shield, Attack and items. There is no way they can handle Pikmin color and number. Not to mention Olimar requires A LOT more strategy. If anyone still doubt Olimar is user friendly, I advice u go try it on Wii remote control ONLY and compare to Wolf or others.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Olimar is only newbie friendly if you are playing against the cpu.. No human player would let Olimar get back on the stage if they could help it.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
Hello. I'm not 100% positive about Olimar's weight, and I can't confirm it at the moment, since I don't have a Wii. However, from my experience of using Olimar, I really believe he's not lightweight like Zelda and Jigglypuff. He feels relatively heavier, like Mario. I know that's probably not very convincing, but after playing numerous matches with him, Olimar just feels like a middle-weight character. Would anyone like to confirm or disprove this?
Olimar is slightly heavier than Zelda, but he's slightly lighter than Mario.

Top Bottom