• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... How is the WFT supposed to be played?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What's WFT's intended playstyle? I can't figure it out. She's got the gimmick of her moves healing her slightly but I don't know if she's an offensive type, a punishing type or a projectile type.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Wii Fit is bad when used offensively. You are better off using sheik, Diddy, Mario and others play offensively better.

Wii fit is just so damn odd that you have to play some odd defensive play to use him to his fullest potential.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I might be giving Sakurai and the Smash 4 design team too much credit here, but there are a lot of hints that suggest they wanted her to be played as a defensive-zoning character that can go on the offensive/capitalize well on defensive play.

That said, she has enough varied tools in her kit that it's pretty fine to find out on your own what style is best for you when you play. Elite Gaymer is apparently in the defense camp, while I play almost exclusively offense and footsies. I've also seen a few WFT's that are strictly zoning and heard from others that play a primarily trap/read style.

It's best to just learn what you can do and go from there to decide your own way to play. Be sure to check out the index to get a good idea of what those things are.

Niala

Smash Ace
Wii Fit has a couple playstyles that are effective. TK Breezy for example plays her quite aggressively and has a lot of success. Some people play her as a camp character, which is also pretty strong, with header and SS being stronger than most other projectiles in the game combined. I personally play her somewhere in the middle, where I trap and bait people into bad moves with wonky movement and zoning/spacing.

She doesn't have as strict of a playstyle most of the top tiers. You can find your own quite well and make it effective.

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
I play her offensively and when I have a lack of stage control I'll go defensively

Top Bottom