• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So how exactly do I beat Meta Knight?

Witty Board Name

Smash Cadet
I just can't beat my friend who plays as him.

I like to think I have a little skill in this game, but for some reason I just can't, well, win when he plays as this character.

I main Olimar/D3, and minor with Sonic and Samus.

What do I have to do to beat his moves?

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
Get him up to about 100%, then kill him with a strong smash. Gimping him is futile and will almost always lead to disaster. You've got to knock him into the KO wall, or wait for him to come back and try again. Few characters can defeat his top-notch air game, so try to stay on the ground if you can, where he's considerably less adept. If you have projectiles, use them. A lot.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I'm not asking about Shrink, I'm sure he's good. I was just asking if you guys thought MK countered or at least had the matchup favor vs Olimar.

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight is a perfect Olimar counter because his Mach Tornado and Drill Rush eat right through Olimar's smashes. :ohwell:

Mighty_Sven

Smash Rookie
i dont usually have trouble with him.. i usually play as donkey kong. i think heavy weights can tend to do well against him if they can get in a couple strong hits since MK is very light

ckm

Smash Journeyman
i dont usually have trouble with him.. i usually play as donkey kong. i think heavy weights can tend to do well against him if they can get in a couple strong hits since MK is very light
Maybe its just me, but other than snake or DDD, I usually smile when I see a heavyweight across the stage from me. Charizard, Boweser, Ike, and even DK seem to slow I can combo them all day before they can react... and they get tore up by my tornado, usually landimg most hits.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, since some isn't really saying their impute, I'll go say mine.

I don't play Olimar, but I played against Leo's and Starz's Olimar, and both of their styles keep beating me.

One thing you want to or need to know is that his grab range is decent to one of the best (the blue Pikmin has the grab range of Dedede), so be sure to use that whenever he gets close to ya. I think a good combo would be Down Throw and then Up B.

Really, this is all that I can remember. You should really ask this in a Olimar thread, since they may have more experiance in the matchup then here.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
it dependson how the olimar plays if they throw pikmen at metakinghtfor the match say good bye to those little guys.

I barely beat starz and he was grabbing me a **** load

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Get him up to about 100%, then kill him with a strong smash. Gimping him is futile and will almost always lead to disaster. You've got to knock him into the KO wall, or wait for him to come back and try again. Few characters can defeat his top-notch air game, so try to stay on the ground if you can, where he's considerably less adept. If you have projectiles, use them. A lot.
That's definetly a new one... you brawl noobs will never cease to amaze me XD

EDIT: To be relevant, I feel the same way against MK's. Too much priority, too good recovery, not enough lag time with his moves, too many invulnerabilities. That ****ING tornado is so god **** stupid. What are the BEST characters to counter MK and what are the best counterpick stages to chose against him? Anyone?

Dog5

Smash Rookie
i also find meta knight to be a pain in the *** not only is he ridiculous hes probably the least fun character to play against.
whenever im playing my friend and im winning he always chooses meta knight and i just cant beat him.

so what ive discovered is to pick small boards
the only way i've been able to ko him is to send him straight up or to the side

and for characters i've discovered that ones with a large disjointed attack such as Ness and his fair and back throw or characters with good priority such as luigi do fairly well

the Lexx

Smash Apprentice
Kirby gives MK a lot of trouble, if you're looking for a specific "counter character"

Tough to get gimp kills on due to above-average recovery with fast annoying smashes and decent aerials.

Top Bottom