• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Game & Watch has two home stages from past games?

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I looked on SmashWiki, and it seems that the original Flat Zone from Melee is returning, making it the second stage revealed after Congo Jungle that wasn't in Brawl.

Thing is though, I haven't unlocked Flat Zone in Melee yet, and I've only seen still photos of the stage. Are there enough differences between the two to warrant both of them appearing in Smash for Wii U?

D

Deleted member

I think the two stages are pretty different in the way they operate. Flat Zone 1 basically takes place in the same general area (the helmet game) and its obstacles consist of moving platforms, tools falling from the sky, and occasionally, an oil slick on the ground.

Flat Zone 2, however, transforms from game to game, making events happen that are related to the current game on screen (ex: on the lion stage, you get pushed back by chairs, on the fire stage you can bounce off the firemen's trampolines, etc.).

Overall, I would say it was interesting for Nintendo to bring Flat Zone 1 back from Melee, but I guess it's fair seeing as though we didn't get a Flat Zone 3 this time around. IMO, I would personally say they are different in the way they play out. However, I'm still curious to see what the Final Destination variant of Flat Zone 1 will be.

EDIT: Just figured out that the two were combined into a new 'Flatzone X' stage. Oh well, still pretty cool I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
They were combiined to one, as "Flat Zone X". It's Flat Zone 2 with the addition of the stage transformation to FZ1 as well.

Shmoopy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jordanious24
3DS FC
3995-6588-3249
I forget, do these stages in 3DS implement those awkward clicking noises into char's when they walk?
I know it was evident in meelee

Top Bottom