• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So falco scares me...

KramerDsmash

Smash Rookie
hi guys, i am a brand new smash boarder, and i main wolf.
the thing is that falco pretty much scares me to death, and i have no way to practice fighting him. None of my friends play him, online is laggy for random games, and the computer won't try to chain grab and such.
Is there any way to reliably fight him, and if not, who do you suggest to counterpick against him (my secondary char is peach usually)

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
First, wolf has a good advantage in the air and on the ground against Falco, its really only his laser cancel and grabs that make him hard at all. Try and laser game him till ur 40%. I much prefer to start the matchup at 40% to 15% than 0 to 0. Lots of bair fakeouts are good as well, he'll bite at grabs and u can fsmash before he shields. The thing i do especially after i die is i tend to forget to go on anti-grab defence and instead go for ko, just gotta remember ur priorities.

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
Use friend finder . It is not laggy and its not random. You fight someeone with great potential and good connections, unless you fight against some one in a diffrent country, then it gets laggy. Otherwise tell your friends to main falco and als, why does he scare you??? You didnt really mention that

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
To be honest, I wouldn't even think about fighting Falco with wolf. Winning against a reasonably good falco is almost impossible. He just has so many advantages over you...

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Eh, I just switch to Pikachu when I have to fight Falco. Lol, it turns into a chain grab match.

I'm not sure if I read that right, but did someone say taking laser damage from Falco in the beginning of the match isn't a bad idea. I am currently going back and forth about this strategy. I think that it may be a valid strategy. If Falco can't cg you, the match instantly becomes much closer. Of course, the main draw back is that you pretty much 'start' the match at 40-50%.

Top Bottom