• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... Diddy's best feature would be his bananas?

wangston

Smash Lord
Everytime I play with Diddy I always have two bananas out and I'm always launching them at the other person. Some people claim all I do with Diddy is throw bananas, but what else can you do with Diddy that guarantees a free hit like throwing a banana at some one. My friends say it's not fair but that is part of Diddy's game. I don't think Diddy is all that great with out bananas so I have to use them.

matthewdw94*

Smash Apprentice
Nanners are so good. And your friends just say that because understandably, there extremely frustrated.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
lol Diddy is unfair?

Man I could go on for days about how every single one of Metaknight's moves beats Diddys. Or how all Rob has to do is laser and shoot his Beyblade at you to win.

Or maybe how all Pit/Falco have to do is stand on one side of the stage and spam B...then maybe Falco can dthrow chain-grab you?

This game is full of stupid things. Tell your friend to suck it up. The bananas are the least of his problems.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
I think his lagless dash attack and kung-fu kick are my favorite

westtk40

Smash Rookie
Bananas are good but can easily be air dodged or even worse used against you. My friends have gotten good at catching them so watch out for that. But I would say that Diddys air game would be his best feature with his fair/bair and his awesome spike. But like rayenEX said, the game is full of annoying spammable moves, but you should keep doing it and make your opponents figure out a way around it, theres a way around everything

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
dont listen to your friend. If you didn't use your bananas as diddy, you'd really be gimping yourself in a fight, with your lack of priority and range on most of your attacks compared to other heavily played characters. You keep using those bananas

And if he starts to catch on and avoid them and use them against you, thats even better. That way, you get practice in figuring out a way to avoid your own rogue bananas or even finding ways to get them back. Then if you go to a tourney or play outside your circle of friends, you will be fully prepared for whatever happens when you hit downB and that banana comes out.

Contrary

Smash Cadet
Bair sex kick would be neat, but he already humps people with his side-b!

The bananas are definitely a crucial part to Diddy's character. Without using them, I'd say you are gimping yourself quite effectively. But of course bananas add a little advantage to other characters too, as they can use them against you! Ahhhh!

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
I've learned how to play with and without his bananas. I learned how to play without his bananas, because my brother knows how to counter them almost as well as I can use them. They are definitely his best feature, and should be abused against people who don't know how to counter them, but people should also learn to play without his bananas, in case you come across somebody who knows how to deal with bananas, and can use them against you.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
bananas are good, but tbh when I first got brawl I played without them and still won most of the matches I played, I only use them if it's for a tourny and I really wanna win or the opponent is a camping Pit/ROB/someone.

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
I think a better idea than learning how to play Diddy without nanners in case you play against someone who knows how to counter them is to learn how to counter them yourself, so you can counter the counters. Get really good at catching, guise.

Top Bottom