• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, are there any pics of kirby eating any items/moves?

CLeJack

Smash Rookie
I think it was brawl central that said that kirby could suck up items. I am hoping that means he can also suck up projectiles from characters. Has there been any confirmation of this? Even if he could I am guessing he would just get the same hat he would normally get from that character :/

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering the same thing. I especially wanted to know if Kirby got his original Jester-Hat from eating a Waddle Doo.

I'm totally surprised that nobody has tested this out, yet,

Izmo

Smash Cadet
Kirby can eat items thrown at him, but can't get any powers from it. When I swallowed the Lightning Bolt, it activated and shrunk everyone.

Some projectiles you can eat, like Link's Bombs. Kirby eats the bomb, and then the bomb blows up and he puffs up for a second. A Bob-omb caused me 5 damage, but I'm not sure if Link's bombs do the same. They cause the same animation though, so I think it's safe to assume they do.

Fast or sharp projectiles, like arrows, lasers, and Pit's light arrows, can't be swallowed. Neither can Link's boomerang, but what's fun is to let the boomerang go past you, then start inhaling. The Gale Boomerang then comes back, and brings you right to Link, letting you swallow him :D It's a fun surprise move.

No Jester hat as well :( You can't swallow an incoming Waddle; it just hits you in the face. But once they land you can swallow them, but you get nothing for it.

Edit: Went and did a bit of testing to make sure I was right, post edited slightly.

Izmo

Smash Cadet
If I end up getting the recording equipment I need for my tournaments tomorrow, I'll get a video up.

ZABE

Smash Cadet
i hopeyou get that video soon, cause i want to see what is
good for kirby and what isn't good for kirby.

Izmo

Smash Cadet
If I get a video up tomorrow, it'll be just me playing my brother, so I don't know how impressive that will be ^^; But I'll record some stuff Friday night too if I get the stuff, since that's when the next SmashFest at my place is. My friend KishSquared will be there, and he's an excellent and well known Smash player, so that should be some better footage.

All depending if I get what I need ^^; I'll do what I can!

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
I know this has nothing to do with Kirby's inhale but can you fastfall during an attack animation or only before and after?

Izmo

Smash Cadet
Sorry to report, didn't get what I needed. If someone brings some equipment to tomorrow's SmashFest, I'll get something up.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
but why would they give Kirby entire hats and special moves just for random grunts in 1p mode? Even though Sakurai loves Kirby?
Why not? To answer your question, to stay faithful to the games. It wouldn't make him broken if it were something kept in Subspace. I don't see why it couldn't happen.

But alas, it didn't happen, so I mine as well be beating a KO'd Yoshi. :dizzy:

Top Bottom