• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Recovery and a question

Zombii

Smash Rookie
Snake just recently became my main and my favorite character in Brawl, i like him because he adds a touch more of strategy to the game with his wide weaponry range.

i recently found his down B ( the c4 pack) to be more useful then i originally thought.

Not only can it be thrown on the ground unexpectedly and blown up when an enemy passes over it, but you while your in the air you can secretly drop it on an enemy and have it stick to them for some easy damage maybe even a ko.

i have found that although snakes Up B is a very good recovery move it is lacking in that it gets stuck in some levels and sometimes cant quite make it back to the stage, i found that if u get stuck like this u can use snakes Down B in midair dropping it and then as u fall set the c4 off in midair allowing you to use snakes up B for a second, third, or 4th time. This is similar to links bomb trick in melee, i think (never used link that much) idk if it could have any use competitively but i just thought i would tell any1 that didnt know this.
edit: nvm a lot of ppl know this lol :p

Also , whats the best move to combo with snakes down grab? and how useful is snakes foward smash because i cant find a perfect time to use it because i feel its slower then his other attacks

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
i have found that although snakes Up B is a very good recovery move it is lacking in that it gets stuck in some levels and sometimes cant quite make it back to the stage, i found that if u get stuck like this u can use snakes Down B in midair dropping it and then as u fall set the c4 off in midair allowing you to use snakes up B for a second, third, or 4th time. This is similar to links bomb trick in melee, i think (never used link that much) idk if it could have any use competitively but i just thought i wold tell any1 that didnt know this.

Also , whats the best move to combo with snakes down grab? and how useful is snakes foward smash because i cant find a perfect time to use it because i feel its slower then his other attacks
1. Yea we already knew about the suicide recovery. To make things easier for yourself just remember that the Cypher works off momentum and is hard to DI when using it.

2. With the down grab, it's better to chase them since the victim has invincibility frames until he stands up. If you catch him you can lead into an AAA, FTilt or UTilt and if he gets away you can cover the distance with the Nikita or set up a C4.

Top Bottom