• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 8 (8/26) - The Golden Week

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Newcomer AGAIN and more Subspace Emissary! Show Me Your News! says “Bless you, Sakurai!”

Diddy Kong, Music Quality, and the Subspace Army are discussed in addition to a Brawl Viewpoint on Japan-only Characters! Plus, “Who’s In” reviews Ridley and Dark Samus!

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Golden Week you said it!

First off, Link's special moves! He's still got all the same moves, just they now have a TP flare to them. The Clawshot and the Gale Boomerang are my favourites though. Well, the Clawshot looks cool, and I could see the Gale Boomerang used for some gross edge guarding by pulling your opponent under the stage. Link and his moveset are looking amazing, I'm just hoping he's a bit lighter and faster.
Also, many people are speculating about the difficulty of the game. Here's more proof that Sakurai is making this an easy game. Now to preform tether recoveries, the Clawshot and Samus' Grapple Beam automatically reach for the edge, making it easier to use. Sakurai can make this game as easy as he wants, I'm just hoping this: Easy to play, difficult to master.

We finally have a name for the Modea, and we get to look deeper into the Subspace Emissary plot. And then, 24 hours later, DIDDY KONG!

It seems like we've been getting alot of Newcomers lately, which makes me think we won't see much more for a while. Anyways, I was disappointed that we didn't get to see any screens of Diddy's Moves, but his Peanut Guns and his Jet Pack are confirmed. Sporting his Nintendo Cap, Diddy Kong gets his well deserved spot in Smash. It's been a while.

I can't say much about Yoshi's final smash. I think Youko hit the nail on the head with this one. But then...PETEY! I see that Youko and I have the same opinions on almost everything. I do not want Petey to be a playable character. To me, he's just an anoying, gigantic flower. "Resizing, blah blah blah" ...nahh.
The other thing I like about this update is the fact that Bosses are confirmed. This has a downside though, which Sariku mentioned in his "Who's In" when talking about Ridley. Ridley is also gigantic, and it's more probable that he'd be a Boss instead of a playable character, which I know saddens many. It's seems more likely though.

Golden week, golden podcast. I'm looking orward to hear more of Sariku's "Who's In" . Doing good buddy. And Youko is just a funny, intelligent guy and makes the Podcast worth listening to until the end...especially with an awesome Easter Egg! =D

Top Bottom