• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 16 (10/21) - E for Brawl

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Was it a down week in updates, despite the massive news we got at E for All? Perhaps, but Show Me Your News! covers it all nonetheless!

Peach Blossom, Home Run Contest, and Wii Remote Control are discussed in addition to a Brawl Viewpoint on E for All! Plus, “Mailtime” features Youko answering your questions you sent in while he asks some back!

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
no Roundtable? =/.... o well good show anyways... I expected it being a lot longer considering all the info we got from the demos but im satisfied.

Alexandr

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one that CANT STAND the guy in this podcasts? his way of saying his opinions, his voice, his gripes (ex: New Pork City: Funny Mother developers, funny! or when saying that it will be banned of tournaments like its REALLY a bad thing pisses me off, you guys need to laid back sometimes and treat SSB as a FUN game and not tournament hardcore only).
I just cant stand this guy, Im sorry but its my sole opinon. Youre free to like his podcast though :)

Alexandr

Smash Rookie
and what u talking about, Youko? Dont say NO ONE uses UP to jump just cause u dont. I certainly did every once in a while and for some reason in SSB64 I used UP more than the C buttons.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
and what u talking about, Youko? Dont say NO ONE uses UP to jump just cause u dont. I certainly did every once in a while and for some reason in SSB64 I used UP more than the C buttons.
*Sigh* Quit flaming. Shut the **** up. And gtfo. No one cares about ur opinions.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

*Sigh* Quit flaming. Shut the **** up. And gtfo. No one cares about ur opinions.
uh...that's not flaming. what YOU'RE doing is flaming. he was stating something that Youko said in the podcast. Youko did say "No one uses the stick", and he is apparently wrong. I don't use the buttons either (only for wavedashing). i perfer to use the control stick for jumping. so...don't be so quick to argue against someone, especially in that manner.

anyway, Youko, great job as always. if you keep doing this as well as you've been doing, i may change who my idol is:)

JK, i'm not any kind of creeper. can't wait for the trials for Roundtable too.

Alexandr

Smash Rookie
uh...that's not flaming. what YOU'RE doing is flaming. he was stating something that Youko said in the podcast. Youko did say "No one uses the stick", and he is apparently wrong. I don't use the buttons either (only for wavedashing). i perfer to use the control stick for jumping. so...don't be so quick to argue against someone, especially in that manner.

anyway, Youko, great job as always. if you keep doing this as well as you've been doing, i may change who my idol is:)

Thanks man, I was beginning to think Smash boards was lacking cool minded people.

As for my opinion about this podcasts well I did said its only my opinion and everyone can either love this or hate this of course. I just happen to "not click" with Youko and that's it.

ZodaPrime

Smash Rookie
Love the podcasts Youko.
But the Mother 3 comment (New Pork/New York) was just ignorant.
Play the game maybe. (Yes... Learn Japanese.)
I'm sorry but your comment pissed me off.
Itoi worked his *** off on this game.
It makes sense if you play it.
:embarrass

Zantetsu

Smash Master

Did you even read his first post?

Am I the only one that CANT STAND the guy in this podcasts? his way of saying his opinions, his voice, his gripes (ex: New Pork City: Funny Mother developers, funny! or when saying that it will be banned of tournaments like its REALLY a bad thing pisses me off, you guys need to laid back sometimes and treat SSB as a FUN game and not tournament hardcore only).
I just cant stand this guy, Im sorry but its my sole opinon. Youre free to like his podcast though :)
Sure does look like flaming to me >_>

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

Seriously? I think you need to listen/rationalize a little bit better, cuz I definitely said:

"Come on, who even used this in Melee? I know I sure didn't."

I'm not flaming you, but the conclusion you drew totally does not follow. If anything, I'm inquiring who used up to jump. You're making me out to be the bad guy when your logic isn't complete. Either that or you took what I actually said and reworded it to fit your argument better.

Now of course, you are entitled to your own opinion regarding the podcast, that's fine and good. But I must say I'm surprised, because after 16 weeks, you're the first one who's actually had a severe issue with it. But, with that said, try working on something for around 10 hours every week just for a community that you're not actually obliged to do, and then we'll talk.

AlFighter27

Smash Cadet
I got some problems....

Now, I am gonna try to keep this as un-offensive as possible.

I have several problems with what you have said about the Wiimote controls, which I really like.

1st I'd like to say the controls look unique and interesting, and I can't WAIT to use them full time. The G-cube controller always bothered me because some of the buttons were underused, and it was too bulky, and the classic controller feels out of place, and the Wiimote + Nunchuck ... well, thats self explanatory.

2nd I would like to state i personally use the up button in melee to jump and I compete with my friends fine, but I am not what you may consider a 'hardcore gamer' because I like enjoying video games rather then winning, and only winning. I am just saying that many people use the up button for jumping, this leads me to my 3rd point....

3rd I didn't really like how you stereotypically placed 'core' gamers in for all gamers who play melee, this is extremely annoying because you have to understand core gamers aren;t the only one's playing melee/brawl.

I am probably overreacting and all that *puts up flame shield* but your past few smashcasts have been annoying me, but I still enjoy your opinion and you can count me to be a listener still.

C ya

Alexandr

Smash Rookie
Now, I am gonna try to keep this as un-offensive as possible.

I have several problems with what you have said about the Wiimote controls, which I really like.

1st I'd like to say the controls look unique and interesting, and I can't WAIT to use them full time. The G-cube controller always bothered me because some of the buttons were underused, and it was too bulky, and the classic controller feels out of place, and the Wiimote + Nunchuck ... well, thats self explanatory.

2nd I would like to state i personally use the up button in melee to jump and I compete with my friends fine, but I am not what you may consider a 'hardcore gamer' because I like enjoying video games rather then winning, and only winning. I am just saying that many people use the up button for jumping, this leads me to my 3rd point....

3rd I didn't really like how you stereotypically placed 'core' gamers in for all gamers who play melee, this is extremely annoying because you have to understand core gamers aren;t the only one's playing melee/brawl.

I am probably overreacting and all that *puts up flame shield* but your past few smashcasts have been annoying me, but I still enjoy your opinion and you can count me to be a listener still.

C ya
certainly I couldn't said it better myself. I concurr with everything^^

BleachMan!

Smash Apprentice
I personally think that the wiimote style control scheme is pretty handy. It might take a while to get use to, but it should work efficiently, especially if I'm ever short on Gamecube/Classic Controllers. But I wonder how the Wiimote Nunchuk will work.
P.S.
Keep up the good work, Youko

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
I just recently stumbled upon this podcast, and considering that I've always (up until now) considered podcasts pretty bland, I have to say I really enjoy this one. The presentation is spot-on, and the points he makes are ones I can, if not agree, then at least understand from his point of view.

Honestly, what hooked me the most was the laugh out loud opening with him saying "SHOW ME YO' NEWS!" in CF fashion.

I look forward to the podcast every week now. You have a real flair for this, Youko, keep it up.

Top Bottom