• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 14 (10/07) - Samus Takes Her Clothes Off

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Best week ever? Show Me Your News! just might think so, as Mailtime debuts this week! Check it out!

Lucas, Co-Op Adventure Mode, and Snake Joins the Brawl are discussed in addition to a Brawl Viewpoint on Music In Smash! Plus, “Mailtime” goes over your questions to Youko as he asks some back!

Florida

イーグランツ
Epsode 14! Been looking forward to this one, since the week of updates we've received has been so stunning! LUCAS!! [/fanboyism]

-ahem-,
Anyway, on with the review!

The Rundown:

Oct. 3 Wed. 2007:

Excitebike being in his classical 8-bit form is truly awesome. As you said, I can't really see Excitebike in a 3-D model, such as how Pit was revamped graphics-wise.

What's more in this update is that it acted as two, as we're confirmed of Latiku and Spinies being Assist Trophies as well. And again, in the classic pixelated form!

Oct. 4 Thu. 2007:

I just love these double updates! :)

The Shielding and Dodging wasn't all too exciting, since y'know, we're already aware of them. But it was kind of neat to see the inclusion of a forward roll / dash. But overall, this update was pretty dull.

But as an extra, we get Fox's Final Smash!
I really don't think any of us expected this to be his super, I personally DID predict that it would be something along the lines of Fox calling upon his Arwing team to blast away the opponents on the field. But hey, this works too!

I can just imagine how much this super will **** on a small stage such as Yoshi's Island :chuckle:

Oct. 1 Mon. 2007:

LUUUUUUCASSSSSS!

Can you tell by now that this was my favorite update to date?
Sure we didn't get much of any information from this update-- but, really, no character profile updates give you too much information. Just the render, a brief description, and some kick-*** screenshots!

As for the Ness debate: If anything, I think that Sakurai was hinting more as to Ness making a return in Brawl.

Sakurai said:
Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!
To me, it seems all that Sakurai was trying to say is that Lucas is somewhat like his "rival" in who's the better fighter; not hinting at any confirmation at all.

Now onto the "kick-***" screenshots, that I admit, show some resemblance to Ness' moveset in Melee. However, I don't feel like typing what I've said before, so I'll just quote myself from another topic:

Me! said:
Ness and Lucas could be exactly the same, or one of the both could reveal an unique and different fighting style. Let's take the screen shots that we've received from the DOJO as an example (the third picture to be more head-on). In this screen we see Lucas performing a move which is very similar to Ness' fair in Melee. However you also have to spot the differences.

Instead of leaning foward, with both hands in front such, as Ness; Lucas seems to be standing up straight, with one hand in front of him. Also, the hitbox of the move seems much larger than Ness', plus it seems like to me that this move won't be consecutive-- but just deliver one intense blow to the opponent.

So it could turn out that it'll be a Fox / Falco sort of thing: they're very similar, but at the same time they differ.
Mmhmm!
Can't wait to try Lucas out! :)

Oct. 2 Tue. 2007:

An awesome update followed by another?! That's just too good!

Not much to say about this video, besides it was completely awesome.
Some other member made a video (of this video) showing all of the "secrets" that most of probably didn't see the first time. We see a new area spotted at the Delfino Plaza, hint at triggering mines, and other things such as that! You should definitely go check it out!

Cliky!

The video speaks for what I've got to say about the update! :)
Made my job easier :)

Plus, the extra update was pimp.
Loved the additional videos!

Oct. 5 Fri. 2007:

By far the best Subspace Emissary update we've received yet!
Playing co-operative mode with my friends is always something I've wanted to do with Smash! And with this enabled, as well as the inclusion of the EPIC Subspace Emissary, I nearly cried when I saw this update!

Bravo Sakurai, bravo!

MailTime:

OMG! Much win to you for using the Blue's Clues clip!
Stick with it! It fits, wins, *****, etc. etc. etc.

1. Can't really comment on the Halo 3 question-- all I do in that game is fly around in the orb :)

2. Again, can't comment. Never played TP.

3. Oo! Smash Bros.! I know that stuff!
Why would you want to remove Luigi's sweet-spot Up-B? Or Jigg's sweet-spot Down-B?
They're both awesome if you ask me.

And Sheik, HAS to return. :)
I don't see any reason for her not to!

"BROKEN!!" o.O Oh, that.

4. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
That's-a me!

----------------------------------------------

The MailTime section turned out to be much lengthier than what I thought it'd be, so great job on that Youko! You made this segment just as satisfying as RoundTable! Keep it up!

Brawl Viewpoint:

Heeeeeeey man.... whaat's chilin'? :estatic:

(I'll edit more into this part of my review later-- I'm on a tight schedual, sorry!!)

Easter Egg:

o.O lol.

-----------------------------------------------

Awesome episode!
Good job eveyone!

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Ummm there was a statue of Ness in MOTHER 3? I don't remember seeing a statue, there was a room with slides of him and the other 3 heros from MOTHER 2 though...

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
i think why the team update was named like that is because story mode seems party based. a character dies you get the next character in your list rather than respawning. he does state that yiou will be able to select the order of this b4 the level you are playing.. i imagine the stock limit will vary on level and difficulty. so even though he was showing it was co-op he was also giving an idea of how the mode would actually work.

i don't really understand why you dislike luigi and jiggly's death moves. their not hard to pull off or anything. and im pro sheik so im hoping they make her a seperate character. if they do decide to keep her, being seperate or zeldas down special, im hoping they fix her current flaws.

i do agree taht sonic adventure battle 2 is the best 3D sonic game made so far. personally i find the chao raising quite addictive but thats just me.

Keep up the good work the casts keep getting better each week.

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet
Halo 3 just kicks all forms of a$$. In fact, I'm not gonna call it Halo 3 anymore! I'm calling it Halo Jesus, because it's that friggin' fun.

My favorite game of all time? That's kinda hard to decide. I'm gonna pick Kingdom Hearts II. What can I say? I love the Kingdom Hearts series.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Halo 3 just kicks all forms of a$$. In fact, I'm not gonna call it Halo 3 anymore! I'm calling it Halo Jesus, because it's that friggin' fun.

My favorite game of all time? That's kinda hard to decide. I'm gonna pick Kingdom Hearts II. What can I say? I love the Kingdom Hearts series.
uhhmmm....does this have to do with the topic????????????:confused::confused::confused:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It has something to do with the topic because, if you listened to the the end of Mailtime, I asked pretty much the same questions back at the audience.

Anyway, my bad on Lakitu. My first console was a Gamecube, so I'm not one for retro-Mario knowledge. It was a passing comment anyway, so nothing critical.

Thanks for the comments though! I do my best each week just for you guys.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
It has something to do with the topic because, if you listened to the the end of Mailtime, I asked pretty much the same questions back at the audience.

Anyway, my bad on Lakitu. My first console was a Gamecube, so I'm not one for retro-Mario knowledge. It was a passing comment anyway, so nothing critical.

Thanks for the comments though! I do my best each week just for you guys.
I still cant beleive u used the Mailtime song in one of your podcasts.omg XDD

also no biggie on the Lakitu thing..I wa just confused thats all (^^)v

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
first time i listened to the whole thing very nice but sheik will b in it no doubt ness unless they completely made there moves diff from lucas i cnt see him being in as much as it pains me 2 say it but the moves cnt b the same with a diffrent style i mean falco nd fox had suchhhhh diffrent styles almost two diffrent charachters, but there still clones having a diff jump just aint gonna cut it

Top Bottom