• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

smashville platform standstill chaingrab.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Forgive me if this has been dicussed before. I searched "smashville chaingrab" and nothing came up.

On smashville you can do the standstill chaingrab on "all?" chaingrabable characters on the platform if you are facing the same way the platform in traveling.

ie. Facing left while the platform is going right to left.

I put "all?" because I'm not sure if it truely is all because I don't have a Wii to test it.
But I have done it to the following characters playing friends.

Ike
Snake
Luigi
Mario
DK
Diddy
Dedede
Marth

It seems that the downthrow distance is the same on a moving platform as a standstill platform and because Dedede is being moved by the platform it's as if the platform is doing the running for you.

edit. Gedennnnn is right infinite is the wrong word to use. edited the reference of it.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
yea its very situational. I usually only get it when the platorm is out on the side they are recoverying from and they have no choice but to recover on the to platform.

Florida

イーグランツ
Pretty neat to know. I play on Smashville a lot, and although this is rather situational, the opportunity to use it will pop-up more often than you guys think. I just tested this against a Mario CPU; it works fine.

Top Bottom