• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashin' for Charity!

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Address for MTSU BCM:
2535 Middle Tennesse Boulevard
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A CHRISTIAN BUILDING. They have been generous enough to allow us to use their facilities, so we need to respect everyone by not swearing, calling names, or just being a rude in general.

This is a little tournament to help a fellow student out. A student of MTSU's home burned down recently, and we're trying to raise some money for the family.

There will be Brawl/Melee singles and doubles. A gentleman who doesn't have a Smashboards account is hosting, named Tim. I (Proto Man) am in charge of registration and what have you, so I am not the true TO. I'm just kinda helping, as is KO.

Entry fee is $10 for two tournaments (i.e., Brawl Singles + Melee Singles, or Brawl Doubles + Melee singles, etc), and $5 for each additional tournaments. At this point in time, there are no prizes, but it is subject to change. Remember, our primary goal is to raise money to help this family, and have a little fun while doing so.

Signups start at noon Central time, and the tourney will start shortly after.

If you have any questions, either shoot me a text or call me at 615-713-7817 (Proto)

RULES (copied from facebook page)

1- Brawl Team Battle
2- Melee Team Battle
3- Brawl One-on-One
4- Melee One-on-One

The entry fee is $10, which will allow each contestant to choose two of the four tournaments listed above to participate in. Additional tournaments are $5 each. Let’s use a word problem to figure this out (skip if you get it).

Mitch is an accounting major. Like most accountants, he hates playing on a team. Mitch decides that he is going to use his $10 to enter into both One-on-One tournaments. But one of his good friends, a sports journalism major who will go unnamed, woos Mitch into a partnership for the Brawl Team Battle.

How much money will Mitch need to pay in order to participate in these three tournaments? How much money would Mitch need if he decided to partner with his unnamed Nordic friend in the Melee Team Battle in addition to the other three tournaments? (answers at bottom of page)

Tournament Rules

1. You do not talk about Smash Bros.
2. You do not talk about Smash Bros.
3. Every tournament is double elimination.
4. The matches in both One-on-One and Team Battle will be 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit. Exhibition matches will be best 2 out of 3; championships will be best 3 out of 5. Any ties will be decided either by percentage or sudden death.
5. In the event of a disagreement or an issue not expanded upon within this list of rules, the staff will have the authority to decide the outcome of a quarrel in order to promote both fairness and order.
6. If at all possible, bring your own controller.
7. Items will be turned off.
8. Metaknight is banned.
9. Ledge grab limit=40 (this will be enforced).
10. In Team Battles, life stealing is legal and “Team Attack” will be turned on.
11. Stalling is banned. This means it is illegal to intentionally make the game unplayable by using continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%. Stalling is also reaching a position that your opponent cannot reach.
12. There are no banned stages. However, before each match begins, the opponents must reach a mutual agreement on the map they wish to play on. If there is disagreement, Final Destination will be used.
13. There will be females present at and competing in the tournament. Respect and chivalrous behavior are expected. Offensive harassment of any kind will result in both forfeiture and the kicking of butt via my foot.
14. Although cheering and “smash talk” are encouraged, inappropriate behavior such as excessive language, violence or harassment will result in automatic forfeiture and dismissal (this includes vulgar gamer tags). Furthermore, if spectators are giving advice that is arguably altering the turnout of a game, the match may be restarted and the spectator may be asked to leave, even if he is a contestant.
15. Every time Samus or Lucario/Mewtwo shoot a fully charged beam, every contestant playing must yell “Kamehameha!” (Contestants will not be punished if they do not abide by this rule, but it will make me immensely happy if they do).
16. The Staff shall have Power - To make all Rules within the duration of the tournament which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the Rules within this Document, and all other Powers vested by this Document in the List of Rules thou art reading, or in any Staff Member thereof.

Word Problem Answers

Mitch would need $15 to partner with Jordan and $20 to partner with both Jordan and myself.

Top Bottom