• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfest help!!!!

marth_7000

Smash Cadet
ok i want 2 have a smashfest i stay in westchester ca (90045)and possibly a tourney but a smashfest first but a few thing r holding me back 1. i dont no i ppl will show up and c. i dont want 2 many ppl 2 show up and 8. if a decent amount shows up i only have i cube and 1 tv 2 use so i was woundering if anyone who has had a smashfest be4 could pm me or repost and help me out on how 2 run a SF...<(^^<)...<------kirby

quak

Smash Champion
smashfests are mainly just inbetween friends, so if you know ppl, call em up, tell them to come, and there you go

usually people will not go to a smashfest unless they've met you before, you could hold a regular tourney, but then you said that you don't want many ppl, and that'll be a deterrant for anyone who thought they might've gone.

i suggest you just show up to some existing tournaments for the time being

marth_7000

Smash Cadet
...dat makes no kinda since...lol maybe i should jus have a few smashfest an then host a tourney( or try) and i cant jus up and move it cost 2 move

Lesheik

Smash Lord
...dat makes no kinda since... XD

just kidding.. Find a group of smashers and play with them.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Alright here are a few things about Smashfest:

1. Make sure you have a place where you can smash for sure.
2. Tell people ahead of time so they can plan out their sched.
3. Have TV's and cubes prepared.
4. Smashers get hungry so have some food prepare. SMASH PLAYERS WOULD EAT ALMOST ANYTHING WHEN STARVING.
5. If you are hosting an STD (Smash Till Dawn) prepare for some loud noise every now and then.

I think there is more . . .

quak

Smash Champion
std is the worst abbreviation ever

and if there's no tournaments near where you live, that means that ur in a dead zone, so you for sure will have a crappy turnout.

drive farther

quak

Smash Champion
DUDE! ur in LA!

there's a **** load of tourneys around you

all tournys in so cal

Long Beach, Lakewood, Bellflower, etc (562) smashers
Orange/L.A. County Smasher Discussion
Palmdale/Lancaster area smashers
Riverside Biweeklies
San Diego Tri-weeklies
San Fernando Valley (818) smashers
Shuffle & Cut Cash Weeklies (Rancho Cucamonga)
UC Irvine Whenever-sies
UCLA Monthlies
Westminster Bi-weeklies

Jack Lavender

Smash Cadet
Haha. Still no luck, eh?

First get the few people you know. Helps if they have some equipment (tv's + cubes)

If you want to get new ppl, just post, like you have been. Also set up a time and place, preferably a week in advance, or more, so people can reply and maybe work something better out if the original plans aren't convenient

If you don't want too many to show up just state so and announce it in the thread when you have a enough ppl.

Smash till dawns might be more convenient for some, b/c of work.

I'm off this friday, if that helps?

Top Bottom