• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smasher going to Tokyo

Flo7891

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anybody knew the best way that I could get into the smash scene in Japan because I'll be studying there for 1 year. I'm going to the School of International Liberal Studies (SILS) at Waseda in Shinjujku Tokyo if anyone is around that area or happens to go to that school.

I speak a little bit a Japanese, so I thought that smash would be a good icebreaker to meet some people over there since I don't talk much during matches anyway :chuckle:.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Aw man youre gonna love it there! I lived around there for 6 years! Youre best bet is to ask around, most likely your school should have some, also cram schools. Youre lucky you know some Japanese, but most japanese can speak basic english. Yep, theres a bunch of beauties there. Eh sorry I was actually no help lol.

_N2

Smash Apprentice
I'll be in tokyo over winter break, and im looking for tournaments or smash in general.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Lol you guys should visit Okinawa too so I wont be so lonely on this small island with no skilled player except for me maybe.

_N2

Smash Apprentice
it would probably be easier for you to come to tokyo instead :p

I will be travelling with 4 other people, 3 of which smash, none really competetively, but they are alright.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Yeah I guess lol. If only I could. Well you guys have fun lol. Be sure to visit Akihabara, its a city packed with electronics and whatnot. Yeah and Yokohama is great too.

Flo7891

Smash Rookie
Good suff guys. Definitely let me know when you guys will be in the area. I don't know how much help I can be at his point, but I'll do what I can.

One club in particular at the university makes food and plays SmashDX. I'm assuming that is melee, but if not let me know so I don't make too much of a fool of myself.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
it seems not many smashers are in tokyo, most of the smash scene in japan is in kyoto-osaka. anyway.

check out www.Ketubato.com , their ranking tournament(i dunno if any more will be held)
and http://steamgear.sakura.ne.jp/karisuma/ the other ranking tournament.

the last tournament before brawl is apparently Karisuma #9, which will be held Nov. 3rd in kariya(a city near nagoya, in the chubu area)i'll be going to that tournament, and so will kokichi, a mod from smashboards who lives in northern tokyo.

everyone is also free to check out the main site for the japanese smash community, smash.or.tp, i've allready infiltrated that one :p and so has kokichi, and i saw ken is registered there as well.

also, there's the free board for the karisuma tournament, located at http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/game/30778/

note, for all of these you should use Automatic google translation, or Google Translate(tm) or this fun little site that turns Kanji into Romanji(very helpfull for those that can speak but not read) http://j-talk.com/nihongo/

Top Bottom