• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards vs Wham!- Sign ups are Open!

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
Here is a new idea to the forum that I hope you guys will enjoy. I have received permission from the (assumed) creator to use this.
General Rules:
  • Survive 2015 (i.e. 23:59.59 in your time zone) without listening to Last Christmas by Wham!
  • Post in this thread before December 1 to show your interest in being a 'participating member'.
  • Only the original song sung by George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley counts. Remixes such as Whamnam Style or covers like the ones by Taylor Swift or Glee do not.
  • Hearing any part of the song counts as a whamming. If you are unsure of the song's origin, keep listening to find out if it's a Wham! version or a cover/remix.
  • GIFs, still images or muted video do not count.
  • When you hear the music, consider yourself whammed, out of the competition and on the Whammed User Log.
  • The Whammed User Log (WUL) is the younger, festive version of the BUL. It tells us when and how a member got Whammed. If you get whammed, post here and tag myself (@Ocarina Stealer) so I get a notification and can promptly update it.
  • Do not post any links to the song in this thread. This place is a safe haven.
  • While the rest of the site is free reign, keep in mind the site's rules regarding misleading (next bullet point)
  • You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
  • If you play the link in the OP with any intention outside of refreshing your memory (i.e.playing it over Skype or PSN), you will be whammed if you hear it.
Some tips to avoid the song:

• Do not trust anyone.
  • Avoid shopping at department stores, clothing stores, supermarkets - anything that may have a radio playing.
  • If you must step outside, consider bringing noise-isolating earphones and play loud music on them to avoid any other songs.
  • Do not trust anyone.
  • Have your computer defaulted to 'mute' and make sure that your volume is off while opening any links.
If you haven't yet head the song, just click on the video below to watch it before avoiding it until next year.
Good luck everyone. You'll need it.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yep. Though in an effort of honesty, it's not fair to anyone that I join. I automatically win.

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
Oh and one rule to be enforced now that I forgot is if you post on the thread no matter what reason you are signed up. It isn't fair to wait for ages and then sign up.

Top Bottom