• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards is so slow at home

hypernova

Smash Rookie
While at work on our work computer, I have no trouble loading smashboards. It loads like a normal webpage. What I don't understand is when I'm on my laptop or home PC, it loads obscenely slow, taking generally at least half a minute or more to load the entire page. All other sites I visit only take a few seconds to fully load. My laptop suffers through this no matter what wireless network I'm tapped into, including college.

To mystify the situation, I use the same ISP at work as I do at home. Also, my laptop is much faster than the PC at work, and my home PC is faster than both of them. Doing a test at pcpitstop.com, I do about 1600/600 for my dl/ul speeds.

What technology does smashboards use that may be causing it to be so slow? Or are there any other ideas as to why this site (and only this site) is so slow for me?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
The site tends to be more active during the evening, which is when I'm guessing you're on your laptop at home. So it'll be slower then and faster during the day. In the next few days we're hoping to have these issues resolved, so please just bear with us a little while longer.

hypernova

Smash Rookie
Why in the world did some of the words in my post get modified? Especially "m-a-t-t-e-r?" I have to spell it out because it changes to penelopeer.

NoWai

Smash Rookie
(West Coast) Aim = Phreeled [Aim me first if you h
I'm having the same problem (a month after KK said it would be resolved) and it is not time specific; I've tried getting on smashboards at all hours. All other pages load fine.. same situation with all browsers (safari/camino/firefox) .

often pages just fail to load because it gets no response from your server.. =/

safari 3.1 on osx 10.4.11

Top Bottom