• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash64 Hitboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCG

Smash Apprentice
@ Sangoku Sangoku I know there was a glitch present on the link you shared. I've talked to MCG about it and gave him the corrections. I'm not sure if he has fixed it on that link yet but the above link has corrected that glich.
Yes it was fixed not too long after you talked to me about it. Thanks again.

Edit: It might be for the best to link to http://framedisplay.supersmashbros64.com/ instead of my dropbox. I might remove the files on my dropbox one of these days since it's duplicated data. Don't worry, I'll notify you Sangoku and I'll make the changes to the tables accordingly.

Last edited:

Maliki

Smash Ace
Yo I had no idea these websites existed these are sick!! Props to whoever made them.

I agree with Steve shield first.

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
1) Why do you add an S?
2) Your "fix" is irrelevant to the topic. Might as well say penicillin is more useful.
3) Why are you thanking Maliki? The big work was done by Madao, MCG, mixa and I. I don't want to sound rude, but I don't think you have anything to do with hitboxes recordings.

I mean the initial question is unrelated to the site, it's about hitbox. Then it's a good thing there is a site that hosts these hitboxes, but that's definitely not the most important part (again, on the specific hitbox subject).

I'm wondering, what would Karajan's idea help with? I fail to see the point and it's going to be hard for me to go through the hassle of recording everything again in that case. But you guys are free to redo everything, it's all explained in the framedisplay thread (no excuse, except from lazyness lol). Or if you manage to convince me, I might give it a try.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
I'm wondering, what would Karajan's idea help with? I fail to see the point and it's going to be hard for me to go through the hassle of recording everything again in that case.
I have no idea if A is pressed on frame 1 or frame 0. it would let people determine the fastest moves out of sheild, and the 2 invincibility frames from the shield jump gives a frame of reference for every character.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
A is pressed on frame -1.
Frame 0 is the frame delay.
Frame 1 is when we started recording, or the 'frame 1' displayed on the counter.

This was thought out and it's the best format. No need to have jump OoS in all aerials. Also it's better for the camera to have moves starting when the character is already a little high in the air.

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
for the compliment
The rhetorical question was meant to imply that he wasn't being complimented.

for people who don't play smash i guess
We decided to adopt the same format as the Japanese version of Framedisplay. I don't find it confusing, but if you don't like it, you can still look up starting lag charts to compare and know the exact numbers. Not a good enough argument to redo everything IMO. But, again, everyone's free to do it, as I said, the whole procedure is described in the Framedisplay thread.

Madao

Lol I don't see a reason to change the current format for frame display. Why record jumping oos for every aerial? I'd rather only look at the aerial attack itself. If you really want to know all the extra details, then just read a few charts ;/ .

Perhaps Karajan should record frame data on console since n64 emulators suck ;) .

Anyway, I was actually interested in redoing some of them, to get better image quality, but that didn't turn out too well ;/ . I may give it some more comsideration after figuring out how to manipulate the camera perfectly, but this may never happen. I don't have enough people who can help me with debuging this game.

MCG

Smash Apprentice
it would let people determine the fastest moves out of sheild, and the 2 invincibility frames from the shield jump gives a frame of reference for every character.
Jumping at of shield is already in the list of the moves that can be displayed. You would only have to display jump OoS and aerial one after the other to get the same effect. If you want to know the fastest move from the ground, you add the number of frames of the jump OoS move.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
I was about to give Mcg`s answer; thanks to mixa for that info, I`ll get it on display. I don`t find it confusing, I find the joystick ranges far more confusing. I still fail to understand the different groups of numbers relating to range.
San: I was thanking Maliki for the compliment, assuming since he said 'sites' he was referring to our (Shears/Me) created website, which we work very hard on. Thanks to SB`s clutter filled archives, I believe all the work that you MCG, et al did is documented. It wasn`t a 'fix' it was a poke at you. MCG and Madao were offered subdomains and credit, half of which was accepted. Both are available to you, as well, although I had thought from the public semi-'**** you' you gave to me/the site, that you weren`t interested in being involved.
Personally, I`m completely unconcerned with "credit", and insisted my name be left of the site, and wanted to have no credits at all. This isn`t about anything other than finally assembling and creating all data on SSB64. I think of the site as belonging to everyone who wants to play smash 64, and/or work on the technical data and infrastructure. The Index was pretty great, but dying in the corner of a revenue-leeching blog forum is not where this game deserves to be. When and IF we decide to generate revenue, huge swaths (at least 33% if not all profits) of it will go back to the players and community.
I fail to see anything that SB does for the SSB64 scene, other than profit off it. So yeah, having 3 options (which you are totally aware of) mcg.Super..., framedisplay.Super....., and you chose the dropbox link, it irked me.

Sangoku

Smash Master
The dropbox link was the first thing that I could find. I've liked Shears intervention and I'll remember to give the better link next time. When I answer a question, I need to remember where the info I'm looking for is located. Generally I go to the index or my compilation thread (that's why I made it in the first place, I can't be expected to remember where is everything) and in that case, the dropbox link was the only thing in the Framedisplay thread. The index should be updated more often, but sadly M!nt seems to have left not too long after having written it. And again, the main topic is about hitbox, not about the site.

Anyway, the primary question has been answered. No need to keep this thread open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom