• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 29th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. You can charge up Ike's Eruption attack by holding the button down, but remember to release it right before it fully charges to avoid recoil damage. Let go of the button at the moment the sword shines!"

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
Well, there go some people's hopes of the Hero of Blue Flames living up to his name.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
That picture looks like Mario is tripping. Sakurai said it's gone, but I still get anxious every time I see something resembling it

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Did this n***a just trip!?

...I need some tylenol.

Last edited:

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Hm.. I feel like they just made landing the 39.5 way easier now.
Timing wise at least.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Right. Because Ike kept using blue flames as his primary form of attack in his games.
Well, he got some blue fire-power from Micaiah in the last chapter of Radiant Dawn. So that's one more time than he's ever used red fire as far as I recall.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
And just like that my hype level dropped. Confirmed or not, tripping is just a hype killer.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
What the hell is wrong with you people? Sakurai confirmed that tripping was removed several months ago. Talk about short term memory.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
That Mario dodge animation needs a whole lot of touching up lol. His mouth is in his shoulder, his right leg looks like its connected only by skin, and his left leg just looks wrong. Dafuq.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I like how Ragnell glows now. It looks kinda like molten metal. Here's hoping it keeps the Super Armor, so that the move isn't totally pointless.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My girl Eruption was already too good.

But DAMN.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Holy ****, guys.

Do you seriously believe that random tripping is back when it's confirmed to be removed?
If anything, it's just one of Mario's taunts

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Warning Received
Sakurai be like "Trolololoooo here's the random trippin' back"

*i like to post inappropriate gifs*

No but seriously... people are stupid and naïve enough to believe their own made up ideas, don't forget to keep that in mind.

THERE WON'T BE ANY TRIPPING!!! Just by banana peels, nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I think they actually used the blue Ike palette for this pic. Doesn't look terribly different, but the new spark on eruption (while somewhat pointless) seems like another tiny yet thoughtful gesture by sakurai and co.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Well, looks like they haven't fixed Mario's crappy neck shading yet.

SuperHyperMegaTurbo

Smash Cadet
Well, there was some reason they made up Eruption for Brawl, and they only have more reason to use it now, since not using it would be a moveset change...

In any case, if it's a bit more practical than it was in Brawl, then there really isn't a problem, in my opinion.

Sword beams are a nice dream, but I've always considered the possibility of Ike actually getting them to be rather unlikely. They're probably just too good, really... in Ike's games, after all, they're as strong as a close-range attack, so... how do you balance that? Making them weak would basically make them pointless, and keeping them strong just doesn't work. Avoiding them makes sense.

ask_thedoctor

Smash Rookie
This looks like a picture where Mario is in his "teetering on a ledge" animation, just facing the other way. Relax, internet. But blue flames would be nice for Ike.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Why are people asking for blue flames? I suppose it has something to do with Ike having blue flames in Project M, right?
Because Ike is known as the Hero of Blue Flames as far as Fire Emblem goes. Sakurai has been making adjustments to other characters moves (DK and Link's Dash Attack) that are inspired by their respective games so people figured Ike would get that same treatment.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Ike used Eruption!

It's not very effective...

(this is assuming Mario's a fire type lel)

Magic_Shaunson

Smash Rookie
I don't think it's a tripping animation, I think Mario is just stunned by Ike's buff new look. I suspect a lot of Ike's moves will have this effect on nearby enemies. Except in Ike dittos, where the two Ikes will just nod approvingly at each other.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm hoping at least the Great Aether, assuming it returns, has Blue Flames. Or maybe Micaiah pops in for a new final smash and powers up his blade....i can dream, can't i?

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Well, there was some reason they made up Eruption for Brawl, and they only have more reason to use it now, since not using it would be a moveset change...

In any case, if it's a bit more practical than it was in Brawl, then there really isn't a problem, in my opinion.

Sword beams are a nice dream, but I've always considered the possibility of Ike actually getting them to be rather unlikely. They're probably just too good, really... in Ike's games, after all, they're as strong as a close-range attack, so... how do you balance that? Making them weak would basically make them pointless, and keeping them strong just doesn't work. Avoiding them makes sense.
Weak projectiles aren't pointless.

See: Fox, Falco

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
On a character like Ike, weak anything is an insult.

Might be cool if his old side B always did the swing attack (if a target is there or not) and also did a wind push (no damage) that resembled his 2 range ragnell attack.

Would also make it okay to hit a shield as it'd push them away before they can shield grab

Top Bottom