• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 3rd

JuanTendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb-juantendo
3DS FC
2750-1216-1018
Switch FC
SW 3345 4602 0138
As a pika main since freakin ever i gotta say that even though this seems cool and will be a pain in the arse for characters with bad recovery (thunder wall off stage) and well... sets the stage for many new pika technologies.
still imo it takes away the "kill move" status out of it... either way i will never stop playing any of the other smash games, especially melee :) so that will always be there. That glorious moment when you realise that you have an oppening for thunder and it WILL kill... anyway im still happy for this... will give pika pi a nice new taste

Then again maybe the cloud or the top tip of it might have a different hitbox sending you upward... that would make things a lot more interesting

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Um... where? I just watched it twice, and it didn't show any gameplay footage of Link.
7:08

Also, interesting to note, Pikachu's thunder is the same as it was in brawl/melee in this trailer at about the same time as the b-reverse.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i think theres only a spiking hitbox at the cloud. the thunder itself could still be a vertical ko potential.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
7:08

Also, interesting to note, Pikachu's thunder is the same as it was in brawl/melee in this trailer at about the same time as the b-reverse.
We can't know if it was the same at that time. Megaman appears to be grounded when Thunder hits him, so it's only logical that he is knocked away instead of being meteored.

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
Lets just remember that this is Sakurai's definition of a combo. He also showed Villager shoveling someone into the ground, slooooooooooowly jumping up to a platform above and sloooooooooowly dropping a bowling ball on them, and then called it a combo.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Oh great, like downB needs another buff, now BB noobs who spams this **** and gets a free sweetspot, fresh hit, whatever you call it, is gonna brag even more.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Oh great, like downB needs another buff, now BB noobs who spams this **** and gets a free sweetspot, fresh hit, whatever you call it, is gonna brag even more.
Masahiro Sakurai- making combos legit since 2008, the melee and 64 ones doesn't count, cause casuals can't do it.

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
so far its looking like every character is getting meteor smash and i love that. Having some character with meteors and some not, seems silly to me. This is a nice buff and nerf since it looks like the lighting wont hit opponents from the very top. Love this change and the fact that sakuari is talking combos, gives it a melee flavor

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
I THINK I enjoy this Pika change. I can't say for sure until I have a controller in my hand... however, I am highly looking forward to trying this out!

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
How high must Bowser's % have been for Pikachu to throw him that high up? Isn't he like, the heaviest character? Also, I like how ridiculously massive Pikachu's tail gets during an attack in this screen.
Welp Sakurai did say that Bowser was faster (and standing more upright)
so he's probably somewhat less heavy...?

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
2 Bucks on not being able to attack out of Thunder...

It looks to me like Bowser just gets launched by the thunder conecting with pikachu and nintendo once again having a horrible translation that makes you think there is another attack.

It looks like pikachus tail goes up through bowser in the third pic, guessing the knockback that sends him flying gets started there...

Top Bottom