• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media Smash Ultimate Guide

RenzQui

Smash Rookie
As you may know, Smash Ultimate has a lot of players. This includes players who are good, and players who are bad. Or players who are good, but can't play at a really good level due to internet connection. Of course there is a way to get better, trust me. Anyway here are the three things I will talk about. Internet Connection, Mentality, equipment. Hopefully this will help you become a good player, or at least get you to the potential level you couldn't achieve. Anyway, lets get started​
Internet Connection, it has been an issue to the smash community since Brawl, smash 4, and smash ultimate. Now there is a way to fix this, here is how you do it. You first want to buy Nintendo's official land adapter. Using a land adapter that is not Nintendo made, will cause lag when your in a match. This includes lag spikes, input delay, and the server kicking you out of the game due to bad connection. Now, when you use Nintendo's official land adapter, you will get less frequently lag or no lag at all. Hope that helps you out.​
Mentality, sometimes you may have good internet connection, or you have the right equipment. But sometimes it has to due with your mentality. Now, having a bad mentality can get you to a disadvantage. This includes feeling less confident, not being wise, or decision making. Now there are players who fall for this habit. Now some of them might not do these things, like not being wise, or decision making. But most of the time it could be, feeling less confident. Now in order to not fall for this habit, try to have a good mentality. Now, I know that is hard, but here are a few ways to do it. First, is finding what you enjoy the most. So after you lose a tournament, a lot of players tend to feel down and not want to continue on. But here's the thing, the only way to win tournaments is to move on, or find what mistake you made and fix it.​
Equipment, it is hard to get good equipment especially after you just bought your self a switch and the game. Which would equal $360, since the switch is $300, and the game is $60. Now, here is a way to fix this. First you want to save money. Saving money is important, because if you know what you want and your trying to get it, but its to expensive. Then you can't play the game at a competitive level. Moving on, here is the things you need to get good equipment. A Nintendo Official GameCube Controller, A Nintendo Official GameCube Adapter. Yes, I know that sounds short, but trust me. This will help you in the long run.​
Now in conclusion, you can become the best player, at least better than your friends. Now not everything will go the exact way you want to it to be, but trust me. It will get better. Hopefully this sums up your problems. Now I will make a part 2, this time adding more things like movement options, baits, and characters to choose from. This is just a part one, See ya.​

Top Bottom