• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Tournament System?

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Probably a dumb question, but I'm a bit confused by the system that SSBB uses. I've noticed people saying "You must be active in the season to be eligible for this tournament." and things like that. Is there anything I'm missing? Not sure if there's like a league or ranking system that goes on that I'm not aware of... Or if it's just a find a random tournament, play and participate in random tournament, go on with life. No effects afterwards type thing.

I'm hosting my own tournament in the near future, but as far as rankings and things go... It's nothing more than a local tournament with prizes, and trying to get it recognition so that people with talent, skill, and number of entrances/popularity goes up.

If there's something I'm missing, please fill me in. I appreciate it. Thanks!

~MSF

Top Bottom