• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Smash Tour - Chat and Discussion

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I personally think it's a welcome addition.

way better than smash run!

I think this mode will be more fun for that one guy in the room who doesn't really like smash too much. Like my friend! we basically only play Mario Party and Wii Party when he's over so this should be fun for him!

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Shouldn't this go on the main forum since this isn't a 1P mode?
well, I don't know, but...

From the description of the sub-forum-
All solo mode discussion (Classic, Smash Tour, All-Star, Challenges, Stadium, Training, etc.) goes here, including all co-op modes.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I don't know why that's there since this is clearly a multiplayer-oriented mode, but I won't argue with the rules of the site.

Anyway, forget about me, let's talk about Smash Tour.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
At first I thought it looked incredibly boring. But now it looks pretty fun.
Again, like Smash Run, why isn't this mode online? It is a little ridiculous if it is purely because of the Miis.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Uh, it's probably offline because Nintendo likes keeping these kind of game offline so people are forced in the room together to play it.

I'd rather that, if I had more IRL friends.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Uh, it's probably offline because Nintendo likes keeping these kind of game offline so people are forced in the room together to play it.

I'd rather that, if I had more IRL friends.
Why not have both offline and online multiplayer? It is just ridiculous to limit it to offline when not everybody can go to eachothers' houses. Online is so much easier to get in and play. They could have made it friends-exclusive or something if they were seriously that worried about it :/

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Why not have both offline and online multiplayer? It is just ridiculous to limit it to offline when not everybody can go to eachothers' houses. Online is so much easier to get in and play. They could have made it friends-exclusive or something if they were seriously that worried about it :/
You can't punch the guy next to you for stealing your main fighter. :/

If you really are that upset about only playing offline maybe you should make more friends to play it with. This kind of thing is mostly fun offline, IMO.

(Smash run should be online though, don't know why it wasn't.)

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I'm still very confused about this mode other than the general gist.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
You can't punch the guy next to you for stealing your main fighter. :/

If you really are that upset about only playing offline maybe you should make more friends to play it with. This kind of thing is mostly fun offline, IMO.

(Smash run should be online though, don't know why it wasn't.)
"Should make more friends"
I have plenty of friends. But I also have plenty of friends that I only see maybe once a year. I am really not that upset about it, because it will not affect me as much as others. It doesn't make it any less ridiculous to not incorporate it into an online mode though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I am a little disappointed that this is this game's "Smash Run".

Don't get me wrong, it looks fun for when I have all of my friends over, but that's just it - ONLY when I have friends over. While I can play it on my own, it's no fun that way. Just like Mario Party.

Smash Run, on the other hand, is possible to enjoy alone or with friends. Granted, I think it could be better in terms of multiplayer (like letting us interact on the map), but it still is fun for that. And it's definitely the best mode in the game for single player. Feels different almost every time, feels different for each character, and it's awesome for loot. And it's just fun to explore the map and see how things shape up every time.

I'm getting a lot of personal mileage out of Smash Run. But I don't think I will be saying the same for Smash Tour.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I am a little disappointed that this is this game's "Smash Run".

Don't get me wrong, it looks fun for when I have all of my friends over, but that's just it - ONLY when I have friends over. While I can play it on my own, it's no fun that way. Just like Mario Party.

Smash Run, on the other hand, is possible to enjoy alone or with friends. Granted, I think it could be better in terms of multiplayer (like letting us interact on the map), but it still is fun for that. And it's definitely the best mode in the game for single player. Feels different almost every time, feels different for each character, and it's awesome for loot. And it's just fun to explore the map and see how things shape up every time.

I'm getting a lot of personal mileage out of Smash Run. But I don't think I will be saying the same for Smash Tour.

Well, I think it makes sense that Smash Run is still fun alone and that Smash Tour is best enjoyed with friends. I don't remember when Sakurai mentioned this, but he said that Smash 3DS prmotes solo play, especially since everyone has their own screen. Smash Wii U is a much more multiplayer oriented experience, so it makes perfect sense that its exclusive mode is more fun with others.

Also, I don't have too much fun with Smash Run by myself because of the extremely simple CPU characters at the end. Feels anticlimactic to me. That's just me though.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I agree with @ Mr. KoopaTurtle Mr. KoopaTurtle , the AI in Smash Run almost ruins the mode. I just played a round where the AI had a much better run stat but because they kept running into the danger zones, they lost. I'm looking forward to Smash Tour, and hopefully the AI knows how to actually use the items.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
When Smash Run was first announced, and that mode turned out to be super fun, I expected something off-the-wall amazing for the WiiU version, but instead we got Smash Tour... I dunno man, the mode looks like something my friends and I would touch probably once or twice, then forget about. I could be wrong, but the preview in the direct made the mode look "meh" to me.

Maybe my expectations were too high, but still... Compare Smash Run to Smash Tour, Smash Run looks superior to me.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
When Smash Run was first announced, and that mode turned out to be super fun, I expected something off-the-wall amazing for the WiiU version, but instead we got Smash Tour... I dunno man, the mode looks like something my friends and I would touch probably once or twice, then forget about. I could be wrong, but the preview in the direct made the mode look "meh" to me.

Maybe my expectations were too high, but still... Compare Smash Run to Smash Tour, Smash Run looks superior to me.
I don't know, it looks a lot better than Smash Run, in my opinion anyways.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I finally saw a video of it and now that I understand it, I gotta said that I really like it. It seems like a mode for me.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I hope the mode is online at least, though I expect it not to be (but seems not as much intense to play through servers like Smash Run would...)

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
Once you get past how complicated and cluttered it looks, Smash Tour might actually be a lot of fun. I was sort of hoping they added the tag-team stock battles to regular multiplayer.... but this does look promising.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Personally, I'd go with Smash Tour.

Smash Tour sounds like the game I would play once I bring my friends over and we'll go crazy playing this.
In brawl I used to play normal smash alot... And it would get boring...
I'll play Smash Tour alot, get bored of that, play normal smash.
It sounds amazing, and I can't wait to play it.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Okay, so after playing Smash tour many times, I gotta say there is one reason I really enjoy it.Strategy. I love board games, from Chess to Risk 2210 to Twilight Imperium to Heroclix (kudos to those who know what I am talking on any of these about). Smash Tour offers a very complex strategy in knowing your opponents and what items they can and will use. This means you must memorize many different effects and know your opponent very well.
So, essentially, Smash Tour is just like regular Smash, just in board game-like form. Which is petty darn cool.

WECsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
WECsoul
3DS FC
0259-1277-6150
On the one hand I really enkoy playing smash tour and on the other hand I'm a little bit disappointed. It's fun with friends but sometimes it's very confusing because so much things happen at the same moment. Nevertheless I see it a a good addition to the game

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I like Smash Tour, but I would like it a lot more if the CPUs weren't so goddamn unbelievably cheap. Oh you think you can win this match? Let's see how you like the CPU next to you starting with a hammer. Or how about one of the CPUs hit you with a poison mushroom item? Oh, you finally got up to 10 fighters to satisfy the challenge with 2 moves left? Here's a random item that will knock you on your ass on the game board and steal three of your fighters. You're welcome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom