• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash the Board Game???

Is this something SmashBoards would be interested in hearing more about?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Amiiboard Game

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chickflip999
Hello, SmashBoards!! I'm new to the forums, but I've been an active member of the smash community for 2 years now and I am absolutely in love with this game, the culture, and competitive spirit. My name is LordOstrich from Texas and as the title of the forum suggests I am currently developing "Smash the Board Game" or as I like to call it "Amiiboard Game." The game is a combat based board game in which you move pieces around the board and try to eliminate all players using your characters. As the name suggests this board game uses amiibo as the primary character pieces accompanied by "Character Cards" that detail everything a character can do. Keep in mind that the game is still in beta, but I'm almost finished with all the character cards and am finishing up the rule book. I just got the idea to publish the game through smash boards and hopefully, the smash community takes this game with open arms. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time uploading pictures of the game, but I promise I have something to show for. I've been working on this game since November and I'm so happy to finally get the chance of releasing it out into the world. This post is meant to gauge the interest of the community and see if I should continue posting information about the game. In the meantime, I'm gonna finish up the character cards and rule book. I hope this is something Y'all are interested in. Thank you!!!

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Well, all right! I'm looking forward to this. I, for one, thought Smash Tour was a'ight but this may be even better! :)

KirbCider

Smash Ace
To be honest, I'm a little unsure on this until I can hear more details about it it.

What you gave us only gives us a vague idea at the moment. With more details you may get a lot more supporters, plus this game might be more popular among Amiibo Fans & Collectors rather than just Smash (Considering not everyone has them).

That means not everyone might be able to play it if they don't have a Smash Amiibo(s) specifically.

If you definitely want more support and want further opinions, I may recommend also posting this on r/Amiibo as it's pretty much the home of Amiibo lovers if you have not do so already. There's also an Amiibo Thread here as well you can try.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Sounds more interesting than Smash Tour. However, I don't think I can be quite sure about this until I see some more stuff...

After all, what made Smash Tour a bad mode isn't the concept (in fact, the concept of a "Smash Party" is pretty awesome), but rather the execution of it.

It still seems pretty promising though.

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
Depending on how the game is received, you should totally update the character cards to also include amiibo beyond Smash! I'm sure mysef and many others would love the chance to use, say, the Fire Emblem or BOTW amiibo with your board game.

Top Bottom